Safest route to Jones Falls Expressway trail

Dan

May 8, 2018, 5:01:53 PM5/8/18
to Johns Hopkins Bike Commuters
Anyone have any suggestions for the safest route to the Jones falls expressway trail from JHH downtown campus. I have used E Madison and Orleans streets in the past.

Graham Redgrave

May 8, 2018, 8:41:48 PM5/8/18
to johns-hopkins-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I would do N on Caroline, W on Eager, quick N on Eden then W on Chase all the way to to Fallsway, then N onto Guilford, and W on Lafayette all the way down to the Jones Falls. Usually felt safe to me, but I haven’t ridden in a while, so things might have changed… There are often kids and adults at the park in the dogleg of Eager->Eden, which made it feel less deserted…

Best,

Graham

On May 8, 2018, at 5:01 PM, Dan <daniela...@gmail.com> wrote:

Anyone have any suggestions for the safest route to the Jones falls expressway trail from JHH downtown campus. I have used E Madison and Orleans streets in the past.

Paul Converse

Max Romano

May 9, 2018, 6:31:46 AM5/9/18
to johns-hopkins-...@googlegroups.com
And I always just plow W down Madison to N on Greenmount to W on Preston to N on Guilford, but I’ll be the first to admit that Madison sucks. I guess I just hate hills and detours!

Sincerely, Max
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to johns-hopkins-bike-c...@googlegroups.com.

Dan

May 9, 2018, 9:33:10 AM5/9/18
to Johns Hopkins Bike Commuters
Thanks all! Yea, unfortunately I have run into kids out for the wrong kind of fun. I'll definitely give these routes a try.