Biking from Hampden to Children’s Center

Jennifer Derise

Sep 8, 2019, 7:43:12 PM9/8/19
to Johns Hopkins Bike Commuters
Hello all, I have purchased a new bike and would like to try and bike to work. I’m having difficulty mapping a route. What’s the best/safest way to get to the Children’s Center? I’d be traveling at about 7am from Hampden and then about 5:30pm from Orleans. Thank you all so much for your help!

Hannah Needleman

May 6, 2021, 6:07:30 PM5/6/21
to Johns Hopkins Bike Commuters
Hey! Did you ever figure out a bike route? I'll be going from Hampden to Hopkins this summer and am looking for tips.

Robbie Flick

May 6, 2021, 6:30:17 PM5/6/21
to johns-hopkins-...@googlegroups.com
Johns Falls Trail to Monument Street is probably the best option here. The Johns Falls Trail can feel a bit random towards the end; Falls road turns into Lanvale, then you hook a right on the sidewalk for St Paul (there are painted markers on the sidewalk but easy to miss) to go behind Penn Station. L on Mt Royal, still on sidewalk that turns into a protected lane as it becomes the Fallsway. When you see health care for the homeless on your R, hook a left on a side road that leads to the beginning of the protected lane on monument. It's a very nice route and easy to follow after you've done it once.

Here's my ride from the other day and I've attached a gpx file in case it's helpful.

Best,

Robbie

ThaySAR_commute.gpx