Shower facility in East Baltimore Campus

Wei Fu

Sep 17, 2017, 6:22:41 PM9/17/17
to Johns Hopkins Bike Commuters
Hi everyone,

I want to get started with bike commuting but a little concerned about shower situation. For East Baltimore Campus, Is the only shower facility located in Cooley Center (SPH 9th floor and the building close to hospital). For the gym closed to hospital, do I need pay for shower every day if I don't have membership there? Are there discount if I only need locker room and shower? Is there any other facilities?

Many thanks,
Wei

Paul Converse

Sep 18, 2017, 9:51:33 AM9/18/17
to johns-hopkins-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jason,
There may be other options, depending on where you work. There are showers in CRB-2 but you need to have card access.
I do not know of other places besides Cooley Center and SPH 9th floor but they may exist.
Paul

Wei Fu

Sep 18, 2017, 9:56:56 AM9/18/17
to johns-hopkins-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Paul! I know CRB 1 and 2 has the same structure. Is it possible that CRB 1 has one as well?

Card access to the building or shower room?

Thanks,
Wei
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Johns Hopkins Bike Commuters" group.

Paul Converse

Sep 18, 2017, 12:42:42 PM9/18/17
to johns-hopkins-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Wei,
The CRB-2 showers are adjacent to the animal facilities. You'd have to check on CRB 1.

On Sun, Sep 17, 2017 at 6:22 PM, Wei Fu <jaso...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I want to get started with bike commuting but a little concerned about shower situation. For East Baltimore Campus, Is the only shower facility located in Cooley Center (SPH 9th floor and the building close to hospital). For the gym closed to hospital, do I need pay for shower every day if I don't have membership there? Are there discount if I only need locker room and shower? Is there any other facilities?

Many thanks,
Wei

Wei Fu

Sep 19, 2017, 9:08:13 PM9/19/17
to Johns Hopkins Bike Commuters
Hi Paul,

Thanks so much! That works perfect!

Wei

On Monday, September 18, 2017 at 12:42:42 PM UTC-4, Paul Converse wrote:
[...]

Garrett Patrick

Jan 30, 2019, 8:36:10 AM1/30/19
to Johns Hopkins Bike Commuters
Hi Paul,

Know this is an old message, but curious where the showers in CRB2 are near the animal room.  I work in the building and those would be awesoem to find.

Paul Converse

Jan 30, 2019, 9:19:24 AM1/30/19
to johns-hopkins-...@googlegroups.com
HI Garrett,
The showers are on the basement level. When you leave the elevator and swipe into the animal area, turn left towards the staff break room and then left again. Before the ABSL-3, swipe into/through the door on the right. There are two shower rooms on the left. Be sure to bring soap, towel, and change of clothes. You will eventually figure out the temperature adjustment for the water.
 There is a possibility that without also having access to the ABSL-3, you may not be able to access those showers. If that is the case, walk through the break room and take the door in the right corner to the restrooms. If you go through the men's room, there are showers there, too. The last time (years ago now) I checked those didn't have curtains but that may have changed or a request can be made so that the floor would be less likely to get wet.

Hope that helps,
Paul

Hi Paul,

Garrett Patrick