Pebble Bracelets, and FREE NIPPERS!

Natalie Sorenson

Jun 13, 2014, 5:36:06 PM6/13/14
to joebo...@googlegroups.com
JOE'S Garage Tuesday, June 17, 7-9pm

PEBBLE BRACELETS and FREE NIPPERS !

I give in. I feel the pressure. I know you want to solder. Here is a project I know you will love! A bumpley-melty, glowingly organic, original sterling silver pebble bracelet.

And why wouldn't you love it? It's beautiful, rather doable (not "easy" but doable), and WAY less expensive than readymade, and what is nicer than a handmade heirloom? Because, that's what this will surely be. With each year a piece like this will become more cherished.

The class will go something like this:

1. We will begin with a stretch of thick sterling wire that we will hammer flat, annealing it to keep it workable. Stamp your initial and the year on the underside. Dip it in flux.

2. Dip the end of a piece of wire in thin flux, melt this end to round it out, then saw or nip it off, creating a small rounded pebble, with a flat surface.

3. Add a touch of solder paste to the freshly cut/nipped flat part of the pebble, and place it on the bed of hammered sterling and flux.

4. Solder. File. Buff.

This is a new class. I will be taking photos and and your feedback as we go. This will be similar to the nubbins rings that were so popular last year, except on a larger, more controlled scale. You will be learning techniques that will take your skills further in many directions...that path is up to you =]

THE FIRST 3 PAID SUMMER SESSIONS ($50/10 SESSIONS) WILL RECEIVE A FREE PAIR OF NIPPERS! Pick up at JOE'S GARAGE on Tuesday, June 17, 7-9pm
These are the nippers I bought last year that I LOVE. They have a nice flush cut, but they handle up to 14 gauge quite smoothly. You won't be able to find anything this good easily...I've been looking a lot. Use the link below to pay now, or wait until Tuesday.

This is going to be GREAT!

Peace,
Natalie

JOE'S GARAGE Summer Jewelry Studio
10 sessions $5 each, single sessions $15. Supplies may be extra.