Scripts to Install and Migrate from hosted ready to test

Frank Orellana

Apr 7, 2017, 12:52:05 AM4/7/17
to jobsworth, a...@ish.com.au
Ok after much work I finally finished the first versions of several scripts that basically automate the installation of jobsworth. These versions install everything needed and import most of the data from the hosted accounts.

They are tested in Ubuntu 16.10 (both Server and Desktop)

I shared them with instructions in a new jobsworth-installer project in github so you can take a look at them and use them if you want. I've tested them myself installing jobsworth 5b2 and migrating my hosted account to it. Also there's the Virtual Machine already configured to test.

Of course I've only tested the things I used from clockingIT so your testing might not go so clean!!

Here are some screenshots of it:

Dashboard:

Tasks:

Billing (Old reports)

Projects:

I hope this can get more of you on board with this project. I love clockingIT hosted, but I'm not sure how much longer is going to be up and sometimes I wish it had a few updates so I guess this is the next step.

Regards

Frank
Auto Generated Inline Image 1
Auto Generated Inline Image 2
Auto Generated Inline Image 3
Auto Generated Inline Image 4

Frank Orellana

May 2, 2017, 8:42:08 PM5/2/17
to jobsworth
A new version of the installer is ready to test.

Aside some fixes, now it also supports ubuntu 15.04 server (I tested it in a VPS and it worked perfectly)

you can check it here: https://github.com/frank-orellana/jobsworth-installer/releases

Regards,
Frank

Frank Orellana

May 13, 2017, 8:59:12 PM5/13/17
to jobsworth
Another new version of the installer is ready to test v0.3.0.

Aside some fixes and improvements, now it also supports debian8.8
Please test it and let me know of any issues.

changelog:
v0.3.0
-Updated and simplified installation instructions
-Added support for debian 8.8
-Improved tomcat service memory configuration depending on amount of memory available
-Improved jdk detection and installation
-Fixed problem when a jdk is already installed
-Fixed tomcat download link
-Fixed & improved installer logging
-Added script parameters so some parts are not executed
-Tomcat & jobsworth binaries are now downloaded into the same folder as the installer
-Support continue for failed downloads of Tomcat & jobsworth

Regards,
Frank