Docker Container to run Jobsworth

Frank Orellana

Feb 6, 2019, 2:09:25 AM2/6/19
to jobsworth
Hey guys, It finally happened, I had to learn docker... so naturally I tried to adapt the install script to run jobsworth.

So far, I've created docker files based on the official tomcat and mariadb images, using docker-compose. I have not uploaded the image to a repository so if you want to try it you will have to build it, which is surprisingly easy, (creating and testing it was another story but anyway...), here are the steps to build and run it:
  1. Download or clone the repo https://github.com/frank-orellana/jobsworth-installer/ and extract it
  2. Move to the folder docker, cd docker (this is actually the only folder used for the container)
  3. Execute docker build -t jobsworth .
  4. Execute docker-compose up
  5. Access jobsworth at http://computer-ip:8080, user: admin; pass: password
And that's it!

It might take a while the first time.

I assume you already have installed docker and docker-compose but that should be all.

Can someone test this on their computers and give feedback so can I add it to the documentation of the installer? Also I would need to add a couple of things to the scripts like cleaning up after installing so I'll do that if everything else is working fine.

Hey @Ari, how about a new build with the latest commits??

Thanks!