Program Manager Openings

Joan Kato

Nov 13, 2019, 11:36:37 AM11/13/19
Looking to hire several Program Managers for an organization focusing on registering communities of color to vote. The position is midlevel and based in DC.  We're looking for applicants with election and/ or democracy building experience.  We'd love to have a diverse pool of applicants.  Please forward to those who might be interested.

Thanks!

Program Manager

Description National non-profit is hiring for a non-partisan, large-scale coordinated civic engagement campaign active through the 2020 election cycle. The campaign aims to create a more representative democracy by registering millions of underrepresented voters across the country. This effort will focus on voter registration in a smart, targeted way by conducting at-scale, effective, efficient, metrics-driven work that will drive down the cost per net vote, build capacity for voter registration programs long term, and shape best practices for the entire field of voter registration. We directly fund organizations who execute voter registration drives and run quality control operations, and we are dedicated to being active participants with the organizations to ensure their programs are effective and to promote an investment in the future of underrepresented communities. Position Overview The campaign seeks an energetic, determined organizer to serve as a Program Manager, reporting to the Program Director. The position is responsible for bridging the national campaign with state partners, ensuring resources and guidance are provided to partners, and tracking their progress. The campaign hopes to hire for the position immediately. Specifically, the Program Manager will oversee voter registration programs in multiple states beginning with the targeting and budget process and including training, field support, and on-the-ground site visits. The ideal candidate will have experience working in communities of color and in working with stakeholders to design effective programs in these communities. Additionally, the Program Manager will be deeply involved in helping to create top-level voter registration standards, from quality control to targeting to tracking program.

Responsibilities

Program Managers work closely with national and state-based staff to accomplish voter registration goals.

The Program Manager will:

● Build relationships with state and national staff of partner organizations carrying out voter registration programs, as well as other stakeholders in those states.

● Work with state-based organizations to build and approve voter registration plans and budgets.

● Plan and implement site visits to partner organizations.

● Develop and run trainings that produce stronger programs in state.

● Coordinate with partner organizations on the set-up of quality control and reporting systems.

● Identify problems that occur in the field and develop solutions with the partner organizations and stakeholders.

● Ensure strong internal communications structures between national and state partner organizations to ensure information flows in multiple directions.

● Be willing to travel frequently and as needed, sometimes on short notice.

Experience and Opportunity Applicants should have a background in working on or leading voter registration programs and have some experience in field work. Additionally, the campaign seeks someone who can:

● Organize and build relationships with leaders and staff in diverse communities

● Work with organizations that focus on civic engagement and long-term movement building

● Manage multiple projects at once

● Lead team communications including calls, written instructions and follow-through

● Work in politically sensitive environments

● Develop and manage budgets This would be a great opportunity for someone who:

● Likes getting into the weeds of program

● Enjoys a fast-paced environment

● Cares about making a difference in communities of color

● Enjoys helping others improve the daily functioning of their campaigns

● Enjoys building relationships with new people

● Likes travel Additional Qualities Some additional qualities that would benefit a candidate include:

● Superior interpersonal skills and ability to communicate diplomatically and effectively with stakeholders, including via phone and email

● Ability to speak and write Spanish or other languages

● Experience building and running multi-day, multi-issue trainings

● Knowledge of national and state structures of the progressive infrastructure and coalition partners

 How to Apply Please send a cover letter and resume to c3civice...@gmail.com with the subject

Program Manager Application.” Salary will be commensurate with experience. We offer a generous benefits package, including excellent health benefits and generous vacation and leave policies. We embrace principles of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, or transgender or veteran status. We strongly encourage people of color, women, and bilingual candidates to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer.

--

Joan Kato
joan...@gmail.com
Program Manager Job Description_np.pdf