News & Updates for Progressive Political Professionals

Message has been deleted

GAIN Power Jobs

Mar 15, 2024, 3:32:39 PMMar 15
to jobstha...@googlegroups.com

Weekly updates from and about our member community

President Biden officially clinched the Democratic presidential nomination this week! We want to congratulate the president on this achievement. We also continue calling President Biden to work for a #PermanantCeasefire in Gaza.

The House’s vote to ban TikTok is sparking a lot of debate. Where do you stand? We’d love to hear your thoughts on our Substack.

The second of our 2024 Virtual Gain Power Career Fairs is March 28th from 12 pm to 3 pm ET. Our Virtual Career Fair allows employers to connect with outstanding Progressive talent for this 2024 election cycle. This is a unique opportunity that you don’t want to miss!

GAIN Power’s 3rd Annual Powerful IDEA Awards platform has open nominations. Check out the categories and consider who you want to nominate. We have five categories packed with multiple awards. We encourage self-submissions as well! The regular nomination entry period ends on March 17th, so submit your nominations today!

We also updated our political pages, expanding them to build a democracy directory and progressive market space and growing GAIN Power networking and marketing resources. If you haven’t already, add your organization today!

Lastly, we have some exciting news that we can’t wait to share with you all! Keep an eye out in our upcoming newsletters for more details!

Thank you.

— Amy &  The GAIN Power Team

Upcoming GAIN Power Events

Democracy Expo: Powering Blue in 2024

Open All Year

virtual

This includes programs focused on political services and hiring consultants, technology, and products that electoral and advocacy campaigns need to win in 2024. If you missed the events live, each recording is available in the app. Registration is required to view. It can also be seen on YouTube.

This week, we had a day dedicated to direct democracy and ballot measures, and next week, we will be hosting a day with some cool community panels.

  • The event platform will stay open all year with special programming. You can network & make personal connections with other attendees, speakers, and expo booth representatives. Please register now to check it all out!

2024 GAIN Power Virtual Career Fairs

March 28 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm EST

virtual

Connect with employers seeking to hire top talent at the GAIN Power Virtual Career Fair.

The GAIN Power Virtual Career Fair easily connects you – in real-time – with employers from the comfort of your home or office via desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone.

Powerful IDEA Awards Nominations Are Open!

The Powerful IDEA Awards recognize the powerful impact so many in our community have on democracy, elections, and advocacy.  We have reward categories to celebrate and elevate talent, organizations, content & communications, technology, and programs powering our politics. Nominate colleagues, clients, and professional friends, or submit yourself or your work today!

GAIN Power is building out a democracy directory. This is the place to list and promote the pages of any candidate, campaign, company, product or service, nonprofit, or another resource. Much like LinkedIn or Facebook but only for the Democratic & Progressive community. Here are some listings we are highlighting this week.

Want to be featured? Add Your Page today!

Featured Organizations in Career Center

Featured On Jobs That Are Left!

New York City

Washington DC

Ohio, United States

Have a fundraiser, training, or other event you want to promote to our community?

Add it to the GAIN Power event calendar, it goes on our feed and we will share in this newsletter.

Facebook iconInstagram iconTwitter iconWebsite iconLinkedIn icon

GAIN Power Jobs

Mar 23, 2024, 8:57:45 AMMar 23
to jobstha...@googlegroups.com
Weekly updates from and about our member community

What a week! I spent much of this week thinking about what kind of impact we can have on our work. I did this because of Hal Malchow, and the impact he had on me and so many others in Democratic and Progressive politics. Hal Malchow was a hugely important political consultant who chose to leave this earth yesterday after a life dedicated to making our work better. I wrote a short tribute to him in a post on GAIN Power to share just a bit about this amazing man.

We want to acknowledge another tragic loss in our Democratic family and send out sympathies to the family and friends of Raul Chopra who was most recently the DCCC Research Director. I didn’t know Raul well but have seen extraordinary tributes to him from many I respect and admire.

Even when we don’t know everyone who works in our community we have an affinity and appreciation for each other. This week I launched a GoFundMe campaign to support my friend Luke Quandt who is undergoing treatment for colon cancer. Luke is a long-time Democratic campaign operative who like many has struggled to have regular employment after elections. His diagnosis has made it impossible to work and he is drowning in medical bills and associated expenses. I’m lifted up seeing so many come together to provide him support during this difficult time and encourage you to donate if you are able.

There is so much more going on in our world that is challenging. The back-and-forth rulings on Texas' barbaric immigration law S.B. 4 showcase the destructive state of our union. No state should have power over international borders, and no one should be subjected to a dehumanizing experience because of another's prejudices and ulterior motives.

We continue to be in community with those seeking a #PermanentCeaseFireNow in Gaza and hope that our leaders continue to put pressure on Israel to stop the horrific attacks on innocent civilians there. We know nothing is quite that simple but continue to believe the current situation requires change and better leadership.

In more positive news we have some great events and programs coming up.

Don’t miss the second of our 2024 Virtual Gain Power Career Fairs is March 28th from 12 pm to 3 pm ET. Our Virtual Career Fair allows employers to connect with outstanding Progressive talent for this 2024 election cycle.

GAIN Power’s 3rd Annual Powerful IDEA Awards platform has open nominations. Check out the categories and consider who you want to nominate. We have five categories packed with multiple awards. We encourage self-submissions as well! The regular nomination entry period ended on March 17th but we will accept through the end of the month, so submit your nominations today!

We also updated our political pages, expanding them to build a democracy directory and progressive market space and growing GAIN Power networking and marketing resources. If you haven’t already, add your organization today!

We said goodbye to a long-time member of our team this week when Lyric Swinton left GAIN Power. Lyric was responsible for many of these and other emails over the past two years. We’re so grateful for her work with us and wish her well in her next adventures.

Last week, we shared that we had some exciting news coming. We are eager to share the news with you all, but in the meantime, we can share that another amazing individual will be joining our team!

Thank you.

— Amy &  The GAIN Power Team

PS: I’m excited to be at the America Vote State Summit next week in DC. If you’re going to be there in person let me know. We’d love to see some of our GAIN Power community there.

If you had worked in politics over the past 30 years, you would have undoubtedly known Hal Malchow; if lucky, you may have known him personally.

Upcoming GAIN Power Events

Democracy Expo: Powering Blue in 2024

Open All Year

virtual

This includes programs focused on political services and hiring consultants, technology, and products that electoral and advocacy campaigns need to win in 2024. If you missed the events live, each recording is available in the app. Registration is required to view. It can also be seen on YouTube.

This week, we had a day full of community-led panels. Join us next month on April 17th for more community panels!

[...]

As you may know, my close friend and colleague Luke Quandt was diagnosed w… Amy Pritchard needs your support for Help Luke Quandt Get Through Cancer Treatment

Want to be featured? Add Your Page today!

Featured Organizations in Career Center

Featured On Jobs That Are Left!

Have a fundraiser, training, or other event you want to promote to our community?

Add it to the GAIN Power event calendar, it goes on our feed and we will share in this newsletter.

Facebook iconInstagram iconTwitter iconWebsite iconLinkedIn icon

Copyright (C) 2024 GAIN Power. All rights reserved.

Message has been deleted

GAIN Power Jobs

Mar 30, 2024, 8:31:14 AMMar 30
to jobstha...@googlegroups.com
Weekly updates from and about our member community

I just got home from the America Votes State Summit, and there is so much to share! Over 2,000 progressive leaders from across the country gathering for three days felt like a giant family reunion and one I needed right now. It was Daria Dawson's first as the Executive Director, and we loved seeing her shine and how so many recognized her achievements and leadership, so we wanted to chime in here, too. The event was terrific. Listening to the lessons learned, issues, and people organizing happening, socializing, and networking left me inspired and optimistic about protecting our democracy and promoting the progressive agenda. The post-pandemic world still limits how often we gather, and it is great seeing so many people who are part of this community in real life. That is why I'm excited for our in-person 3rd Annual Powerful IDEA Awards & 20 Year of GAIN event on June 26th & 27th. Look out for our Monday email with exciting news to share. A more formal save-the-date and other big announcements are coming next week.

Our hearts go out to the loved ones of those lost in the Key Bridge disaster this  week as well as our appreciation to all the first responders and government officials who have worked too hard to mitigate this crisis. We're so glad for the Democratic leadership of Governor Wes Moore, Mayor Brandon Scott, Secretary Buttigieg, and the many other officials triaging together to respond. We’re heartened to see their strong response, and it is a collective reminder of why our elector work matters.

We hope that President Biden pushes for a permanent cease-fire in Gaza and are grateful for the activists who are working for this and a peaceful solution to the horrific situation there. These are not the only crisis in the world - the war in Ukraine still rages and not enough are paying attention to gut wrenching conflicts in the DRC on the border with my beloved family and home in Rwanda. Not everyone knows this but I do much of this work from there and have a team of support staff who work with me on GAIN Power there too.

While the GAIN Power community and work centers on US domestic democracy - it is essential always to remember that we are global citizens and our elections impact every region of the world. It is important to me that this is always remembered.

This weekend is your last chance to submit your nominations for the 3rd Annual Powerful IDEA Awards! Take this moment to honor the powerful professional people, programs, and products that power progressive politics. See all the awards for which you can submit a nomination in each category. You have until March 31st to submit any late nominations. For folks interested in reviewing the nominations or being part of our judging committee, please sign up here.

And not to radically pivot back and forth but we can mourn and be joyful all at the same time. Indeed, I've been doing this all week - and will continue to do so.

Last week we shared the loss of two progressive leaders (Hal Malchow and Raul Chopra) and received such beautiful feedback. While we rather celebrate life we also want to recognize the important contributions of movement leaders when they leave us. We’ve created an “in Memoriam” submission on our site so folks can share memorials of powerful leaders we should honor. We will then feature them on our site and at the Powerful IDEA Awards each year.  Some may be well known but we also want to especially lift those behind the scene organizers.  With that in mind we want to recognize four uniquely different progressive movement leaders who were allies and supporters to many.

  • Carlotta Scott was a civil rights and Democratic party leader. She work for years on the hill and at DNC Political Director before me before retiring and  spend most of her final years in her beloved home state of  South Carolina.

  • Zach Pollet was “an organizers organizer” from Little Rock Arkasas and worked all over the country. His life was celebrated with so many colleagues just after the AV conference ended at the AFL-CIO. Zack worked for decades in the community organizing voter mobilization world for ACORN and the PIRG.

  • Ricky Feller worked in the political department nationally at AFSCME and represented AFSCME at many organizing tables over the years. Details about celebrating his life have not been shared yet, but I didn’t want to wait for then to acknowledge his loss.

  • Patricia Bauman was a long-time hands-on progressive donor who invested deeply into many democracy, civil rights, voting rights, and justice issues not just through her family foundation but also with her time and mentorship to so many. An early co-founder of the Democracy Alliance and board member to many progressive organizations.

All of these amazing leaders also contributed to my progressional development, mentored me at different times, and contributed to the early formation of Democratic GAIN, which led to GAIN Power. I’m eternally grateful for their contributions to our work and hope folks who did not know them take the time to learn more about their stories.

Whether you observe this Holy Week and Easter or are just celebrating Spring I hope you have a nice weekend.

Thank you.

— Amy Pritchard

More news, events, and updates from our team and allies follow. Also if you read these emails would you consider becoming a paid GAIN Power member? We need to build our community to provide more and better services to you. Our career center will always be free but if you’ve benefitted from it or know others who have, we’d love to have you as an official member in our community.

Join GAIN Power today!

Take the Progressive Hiring Pledge

Shout out to our friends at Arena and the Progressive Pipeline for creating the Progressive Hiring Pledge and the folks who’ve already signed. We’ve signed and are encouraging all our employer organizations to do the same. This image below has some details but link to sign up!

Upcoming GAIN Power Events

Democracy Expo: Powering Blue in 2024

Open All Year

virtual

This includes programs focused on political services and hiring consultants, technology, and products that electoral and advocacy campaigns need to win in 2024. If you missed the events live, each recording is available in the app. Registration is required to view. It can also be seen on YouTube.

If you have panel that you would like to cohost or one you would like to see be done, please send in your suggestions!

April 25 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm EST

virtual

Connect with employers seeking to hire top talent at the GAIN Power Virtual Career Fair.

The GAIN Power Virtual Career Fair easily connects you – in real-time – with employers from the comfort of your home or office via desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone.

Powerful IDEA Awards Nominations Are Open!

The Powerful IDEA Awards recognize the powerful impact so many in our community have on democracy, elections, and advocacy.  We have reward categories to celebrate and elevate talent, organizations, content & communications, technology, and programs powering our politics. Nominate colleagues, clients, and professional friends, or submit yourself or your work today!

AGENCY Empowerment Workshop: Avoiding Burnout

April 17 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm EDT

Organized by Emily Parcell, founding Partner of Agency. These two-hour workshops focus on physiological symptoms and long-term consequences of chronic stress while teaching participants simple, accessible, evidence-based methods to complete the body’s natural stress cycle. Participants will leave with a personalized plan to manage their workplace stress successfully, incorporating healthy coping strategies they can apply now and into the future. The World Health Organization classifies burnout as an “occupational phenomenon resulting from chronic workplace stress that has not been successfully managed.”

Visit Our Democracy Directory

GAIN Power is building out a democracy directory. This is the place to list and promote the pages of any candidate, campaign, company, product or service, nonprofit, or another resource. Much like LinkedIn or Facebook but only for the Democratic & Progressive community. Here are some listings we are highlighting this week.

Featured Organizations in Career Center

Featured On Jobs That Are Left!

Have a fundraiser, training, or other event you want to promote to our community?

Add it to the GAIN Power event calendar, it goes on our feed and we will share in this newsletter.

As you may know, my close friend and colleague Luke Quandt was diagnosed w… Amy Pritchard needs your support for Help Luke Quandt Get Through Cancer Treatment

Facebook iconInstagram iconTwitter iconWebsite iconLinkedIn icon

GAIN Power Jobs

Apr 5, 2024, 6:28:38 PMApr 5
to jobstha...@googlegroups.com
Weekly updates from and about our member community

I’m sitting in my office, reflecting on these first days as Executive Director for GAIN Power and incredibly grateful for such a welcoming team, messages of support and congratulations, and trust and respect imparted to me by GAIN Power Founder Amy Pritchard, as I make my way through this incredible first week with our team.

Looking ahead, I believe that the work we do as political and democracy professionals in this election will help determine the future of our country. GAIN Power’s mission of diversifying, demystifying, and democratizing opportunities in this space and elevating the organizations and leaders who work to improve access to opportunities has never been more needed or more important.

I’m excited to re-connect, meet, and talk with many of you, our faithful GAIN Power community, about upcoming events such as our 3rd annual Powerful IDEA Awards, our legendary Career Fairs, and the newest addition to GAIN Power initiatives, our virtual ‘Democracy Expo: Powering Blue into 2024’ space, which showcases democracy experts, companies, products, and services created for nonprofits, ballot measures, PACs, and democratic and progressive campaigns. Please sign up to participate in the events and spaces mentioned, and like and share GAIN Power with your communities on IG, X (formerly Twitter), Facebook, and LinkedIn.

In Solidarity,

Steph

More news, events, and updates from our team and allies follow. Also, if you read these emails, would you consider becoming a paid GAIN Power member? We need to build our community to provide you with better services.  If you’ve benefitted from our services or know others who have, we’d love to have you as an official member of our community.

Shout out to our friends at Arena and the Progressive Pipeline for creating the Progressive Hiring Pledge and the folks who’ve already signed. We’ve signed and are encouraging all our employer organizations to do the same. This image below has some details and link to sign up!

Have a fundraiser, training, or other event you want to promote to our community?

Add it to the GAIN Power event calendar, it goes on our feed and we will share in this newsletter.

We continue to wish for an end to the horrifying siege on Gaza and peace for the Palestinian people. If you can, please help support this displaced family in their urgent lifesaving effort to evacuate from Gaza and find safety.

Help Mohammed and his Family Evacuate From GazaDear humanity,I’m… Hibah Nassar needs your support for Help Mohammed Nassar and his Family Evacuate Gaza

We’ve created “In Memoriam” submission on our site so folks can share memorials of powerful leaders we should honor. We will feature them on our site and at the Powerful IDEA Awards each year. Some may be well known, but we also want to lift those behind-the-scene organizers especially.

Facebook iconInstagram iconTwitter iconWebsite iconLinkedIn icon

GAIN Power Jobs

Apr 13, 2024, 7:52:42 AMApr 13
to jobstha...@googlegroups.com
Weekly updates from and about our member community

Hi Friend!

Hey there from sunny Las Vegas! I just wrapped up an amazing conference, the BISC Road Ahead, and I am bursting with gratitude for the incredible BISC team led by the visionary Chris Melody Field. It was truly inspiring to be surrounded by passionate progressive leaders from all across the nation who are dedicated to using direct democracy to achieve racial, economic, and reproductive justice, as well as protecting and expanding voting rights. The energy was absolutely electric, and I feel so lucky to be a part of this amazing community of creative thinkers working tirelessly on so many vital issues. Honestly, I would nominate everyone I met for a Powerful IDEA Award if I had time before this Sunday’s deadline. Can we count on you to help? Please do nominate yourself or others you respect, your organization, program, communications, or tech before Monday!

On a more sober note, I must say that the recent news out of Arizona is deeply troubling. The Supreme Court's reinstatement of an archaic abortion ban is a huge blow to reproductive rights, and it makes voting in this year's elections all the more critical. But I'm feeling optimistic, knowing that some of the amazing leaders I met at the conference are already hard at work on this issue and are planning to take it to the ballot in November. Together, we can overturn this draconian law and restore the freedom for individuals to make their own reproductive choices.

Speaking of amazing leaders, I just want to take a moment to express my sincere appreciation for all of you in the professional community. The work we do is so important, and it's clear that we all have a shared passion for making a positive impact on our democracy. But we need to do more to support and promote one another, so that we can retain talent and make this profession even more appealing to those who are just starting out. I'm proud to be a part of GAIN Power, and I'm excited to see all the great things we will accomplish together in the future. Let's keep pushing forward!

— Amy Pritchard and the GAIN Power Team

More news, events, and updates from our team and allies follow. Also, if you read these emails, would you consider becoming a paid GAIN Power member? We need to build our community to provide you with better services.  If you’ve benefitted from our services or know others who have, we’d love to have you as an official member of our community.

Join GAIN Power today!

Job of the Week!

Our top partner AFSCME is looking to fill a critical job on their team. This is not your typical fundraising job - it really is an creative member organizing job. We can’t think of a better organization to work with. If you’re looking for a solid, fun, permanent job doing meaningful work in the movement - check out this opportunity with the Green Machine that is AFSCME.

DC

[...]

Powerful IDEA Awards Nominations Close Sunday!

[...]

We’re always eager to get your feedback and ideas about our work. Please share your thoughts and ideas via this survey.

Facebook iconInstagram iconTwitter iconWebsite iconLinkedIn icon

Copyright (C) 2024 GAIN Power. All rights reserved.

GAIN Power Jobs

Apr 19, 2024, 1:51:21 PMApr 19
to jobstha...@googlegroups.com
Weekly updates from and about our member community

Hi Friend!

This week has been full of highlights and bright spots for our amazing community. Today, we would like to amplify the work of the Coloradans for Protecting Reproductive Freedom coalition, working to add a constitutional amendment on the November 2024 ballot, protecting abortion from government interference.

As of this week, they have collected more than 225,000 signatures from registered voters, more than the 124,000 required to qualify for the ballot this year. Past elections have shown that reproductive freedom is a motivating and deciding factor in how elections will turn out; this year will be no different.

GAIN Power is proud to support the work of those in our community and would also like to recognize Kelley Robinson, President of the Human Rights Campaign, as she is named to this year’s “TIME 100 List”!

Finally, a big congratulations to all of the amazing winners from our community at the 2024 Pollie Awards!

On that note, we hope to see many of you on June 26th in Washington, D.C., as we continue to celebrate the contributions of our community at the 3rd Annual Powerful IDEA Awards. Stay tuned for additional information and registration details.

In Power,

Steph Noguera and the GAIN Power Team

Upcoming GAIN Power Events

Virtual Career Fairs

2024 GAIN Power Virtual Career Fairs

April 25 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm EST

virtual

Connect with employers seeking to hire top talent at the GAIN Power Virtual Career Fair.

The GAIN Power Virtual Career Fair easily connects you – in real-time – with employers from the comfort of your home or office via desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone.

Stephanie (GAIN Power’s new Executive Director) will be hosting a meet and greet booth at our April Virtual Career Fair! Register and join to meet her from 12pm to 1pm EST!

Powerful IDEA Awards

On June 26th, our Powerful IDEA Awards will recognize the powerful impact so many in our community have on democracy, elections, and advocacy.

Join us in celebrating our community! Public Voting on nominees begins April 29-May 31st. Stay tuned for additional information.

Democracy Expo

Democracy Expo: Powering Blue in 2024

Open All Year

virtual

This includes programs focused on political services and hiring consultants, technology, and products that electoral and advocacy campaigns need to win in 2024. If you missed the events live, each recording is available in the app. Registration is required to view. It can also be seen on YouTube.

Upcoming Events: Community Day Panels on May 15th. Register here.

If you have a panel that you would like to cohost or one you would like to see be done, please send in your suggestions!

[...]

In The Community

Our dear friend Meighan, who has devoted her life to helping others, i… Desiree Cole needs your support for Help Meighan Beat Long COVID & Home Mold Emergency

Become a Member

If you read these emails, would you consider becoming a paid GAIN Power member? We need to build our community to provide you with better services.  If you’ve benefitted from our services or know others who have, we’d love to have you as an official member of our community.

Join GAIN Power today!
Facebook iconInstagram iconTwitter iconWebsite iconLinkedIn icon

GAIN Power Jobs

Apr 26, 2024, 4:09:10 PMApr 26
to jobstha...@googlegroups.com
Weekly updates from and about our member community

Hi Friend!

I’m looking at a beautiful green forest and mountains in the distance as I write this, and I would be remiss if I didn’t mention that this week, we celebrate National Park Week and Earth Day, which also leads me to mention the growing list of career opportunities with amazing climate and environmental organizations posting with GAIN Power! You can find postings in our resource-packed Career Center and on our legendary list, Jobs That Are Left.

In community news spotlights, I’d like to extend congratulations to our friends at ARENA for hosting another incredible Summit over the weekend, providing training and career resources for progressive change-makers powering democracy efforts, and a shout-out to the team at Authentic for winning a 2024 Webby Award this week.

My last note here is a shameless reminder to take 2 minutes next week and celebrate someone (or yourself!) as we announce nominees for the GAIN Power Powerful IDEA Awards. Our community works hard and deserves recognition for the countless hours given to the people and issues that help power our democracy every day.

Stay tuned for more information about the nominee voting process and registration for our Powerful IDEA Awards event, scheduled for June 26th in Washington, D.C.

May 23 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm EST

virtual

Connect with employers seeking to hire top talent at the GAIN Power Virtual Career Fair.

The GAIN Power Virtual Career Fair easily connects you – in real-time – with employers from the comfort of your home or office via desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone.

Powerful IDEA Awards

On June 26th, our Powerful IDEA Awards will recognize the powerful impact so many in our community have on democracy, elections, and advocacy.

Join us in celebrating our community! Public Voting on nominees begins April 29-May 31st.

Stay tuned for announcements and additional information.

In The Community: Reggie Hubbard

Reggie Hubbard is a friend of GAIN Power, change maker, a spiritual yogi and leader in the progressive movement, renowned for integrating self-care into activism, recently suffered a stroke. His work, mainly funded through donations, includes founding Active Peace Yoga, which uses yoga and meditation to alleviate the stress of political work and promote well-being. With a history in high-pressure roles, Reggie offers stress-management tools to a wide audience, including Congress members, aiming to enhance peace, balance, and social justice. We're calling on our community to support his recovery and ongoing care. Please take a moment to read Reggie’s story and consider offering support if that’s available to you.

Democracy Expo

Democracy Expo: Powering Blue in 2024

Open All Year

virtual

This includes programs focused on political services and hiring consultants, technology, and products that electoral and advocacy campaigns need to win in 2024. If you missed the events live, each recording is available in the app. Registration is required to view. It can also be seen on YouTube.

Upcoming Events:

  • “Goodstock Powered by MerchBlue: Making Merch Make Cents” Webinar on May 1st, 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EST. Register here.

[...]

GAIN Power Jobs

May 3, 2024, 12:14:53 PMMay 3
to jobstha...@googlegroups.com
Weekly updates from and about our member community

Hi Friend!

Since I’ve started writing for the newsletter every week, I have been continually in awe of the level of energy, innovation, and staggering amount of talent within our amazing community.

On that note, I’d like to congratulate the team at Zinc Labs for preparing the new and very comprehensive ‘Quick Start AI Guidelines for Democratic Campaigns’ in partnership with Digi Dems, Cooperative Impact Labs, and Higher Ground Labs. In addition, good luck to folks participating in next week’s Digital Campaigns Summit hosted by Campaigns and Elections.

In GAIN Power news this week, you may have seen that nominees for the GAIN Power Powerful IDEA Awards were announced, and public voting on nominee entries officially open! Check out our awards platform where you can register to submit a vote.

If you want to join the GAIN Power community on June 26th in Washington, D.C., tickets are now available! Check out our ticketing link to purchase yours today!

We’re also excited to offer sponsorship opportunities at various levels, which support GAIN Power’s ongoing efforts to amplify the work of so many powering our democracy. If interested in learning more, please email me at step...@gainpower.org to discuss options.

[...]

GAIN Power Jobs

May 10, 2024, 4:37:27 PMMay 10
to jobstha...@googlegroups.com
Weekly updates from and about our member community

Hi Friend!

It’s been just over a month since I began my journey with GAIN Power as Executive Director, and every day, I’m reminded of how important the work of supporting the talent and employers in our community is, particularly in 2024.

On that note, I want to take a minute to highlight some incredible opportunities for job seekers in our Career Center right now. If you want a meaningful role in 2024, check out our featured employers and postings below!

We also have some GREAT events coming up, including our Democracy Expo Community Day Panels on May 15th and Virtual Career Fair on May 23rd.

Looking towards next month and all things Summer, join the GAIN Power community on June 26th in Washington, D.C., for our annual Powerful IDEA Awards!

We’re excited to offer tickets, as well as sponsorship opportunities at various levels, which support GAIN Power’s ongoing efforts to amplify the work of so many powering our democracy. If interested in learning more, please email me at step...@gainpower.org to discuss options.

As a reminder, nominees for the GAIN Power Powerful IDEA Awards were announced, and public voting on nominee entries is still open! Check out our awards platform, where you can register to submit a vote.

In Power,

Steph Noguera and the GAIN Power Team

Upcoming GAIN Power Events

Virtual Career Fairs

2024 GAIN Power Virtual Career Fairs

May 23 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm EST

virtual

Connect with employers seeking to hire top talent at the GAIN Power Virtual Career Fair.

The GAIN Power Virtual Career Fair easily connects you – in real-time – with employers from the comfort of your home or office via desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone.

Powerful IDEA Awards

On June 26th, our Powerful IDEA Awards will recognize the powerful impact so many in our community have on democracy, elections, and advocacy.

Join us in celebrating our community! Public Voting on nominees runs April 29-May 31st.

Democracy Expo

Democracy Expo: Powering Blue in 2024

Open All Year

virtual

Upcoming Events:

  • Community Day at our Democracy Expo is one week away! Join us from 1:30 PM to 5:30 PM ET on Wednesday, May 15th, for the three panels hosted by members of the progressive political community.  Register here.

    Check out our panels:

    • Female Founders: The Key to Democratic Success: In recent years, the Democratic sphere has focused on diversifying talent among job seekers and consultants alike, but some estimates show only 30% of all political consultants are women - even fewer have founded their own firms without a male counterpart. Once established, regardless of expertise or years of experience, women often face an incredibly difficult uphill battle. Join female founders from across the Democratic discipline to discuss the power and insights that female consultants and strategists bring to the table for Democratic candidates and campaigns ahead of the 2024 election cycle.

    • Women of Color in Politics: This topic will cover why it's necessary to work in political strategy, consulting and ultimately winning campaigns.

    • How to Build a Paid Communications Program: Between polling, media, mail, digital, an ever-changing budget, structuring, timing, and executing a paid communications program requires good consultants, but also a strong manager to bring that all together. When should you start? What should you expect from your team? How should you engage your candidate?

[...]

GAIN Power Jobs

May 17, 2024, 3:08:45 PMMay 17
to jobstha...@googlegroups.com
Weekly updates from and about our member community

Hi Everyone!

This week marks just over 30 days until the GAIN Power ‘Powerful IDEA Awards’ on June 26th! Our team is working hard to make this event a beautiful celebration of all the great people and organizations who power our democracy and deserve recognition for their efforts.

In that spirit, we’ll have some exciting news to announce shortly…Stay tuned!

In the community this week, let’s take a minute to celebrate the team at The Pipeline Fund for being featured in Cosmopolitan’s “How to Succeed in Office” guide! Also, congratulations to Mike Nellis of Authentic and Quiller, named to ADWEEK’s 2024 Media All-Stars.

Finally, a shout out to folks in the field completing campaigns this week. For those looking to the next adventure this cycle, take a peek at our featured organizations and jobs below, as well as the legendary Jobs That Are Left!

In addition, we offer so many amazing services in our Career Center for job seekers and employers looking for great talent. Take a minute now and check it out!

On that note, our next virtual career fair is Thursday, May 23rd. More details below.

I’ll close by asking you to support GAIN Power and our mission by purchasing a ticket and/or a sponsorship for this year’s Powerful IDEA Awards.

If you’ve already done this, THANK YOU! Please share our Eventbrite link with your community on LinkedIn!

Have a great weekend.

In Power,

Steph and the GAIN Power Team

Virtual Career Fair

2024 GAIN Power Virtual Career Fairs

May 23 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm EST

virtual

Connect with employers seeking to hire top talent at the GAIN Power Virtual Career Fair.

The GAIN Power Virtual Career Fair easily connects you – in real-time – with employers from the comfort of your home or office via desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone.

Democracy Expo

This includes programs focused on political services and hiring consultants, technology, and products that electoral and advocacy campaigns need to win in 2024. If you missed the events live, each recording is available in the app. Registration is required to view. It can also be seen on YouTube.

If you have a panel that you would like to cohost or one you would like to see be done, please send in your suggestions!

Powerful IDEA Awards Tickets and Sponsorships are on sale now!

This year, General Admission tickets are $100. Spread the word within your networks and bring your friends to this fun and meaningful summer event!

Be a part of GAIN's 20-Year Anniversary Host Committee and sign up today for a Host Committee Sponsorship!

Tickets Available Now!

Voting closes in 15 days! Be sure to sign up for an account on our awards platform and vote for your favorite nominees by May 31st!

Democracy Directory

GAIN Power is building out a democracy directory. This is the place to list and promote the pages of any candidate, campaign, company, product or service, nonprofit, or another resource. Much like LinkedIn or Facebook but only for the Democratic & Progressive community. Here are some listings we are highlighting this week.

Featured Organizations in Career Center

Featured On Jobs That Are Left!

Progressive Hiring Pledge

[...]

GAIN Power Jobs

May 24, 2024, 3:18:01 PMMay 24
to jobstha...@googlegroups.com
Weekly updates from and about our member community

Hi Everyone and welcome to your weekend!

You may be reading this as you’re packing for the long weekend, or maybe just enjoying the fact that the official kick-off to Summer is upon us.

In that spirit, I’ll keep this brief and turn our attention to a few highlights for this Newsletter edition:

  1. Awards NEWS next week! Stay tuned for announcements in our weekly emails regarding our Powerful IDEA Awards.

  2. Be sure to check out our Career Center, full of resources for employers and jobseekers! There are updated job postings DAILY on our legendary ‘Jobs That Are Left’ space! In addition, some fantastic opportunities are listed below by our Featured Organizations!

  3. Support GAIN Power and our mission by purchasing a ticket and/or a sponsorship for this year’s Powerful IDEA Awards. If you’ve already done this, THANK YOU! Please share our Eventbrite link with your community on LinkedIn!

Have a great weekend.

In Power,

Steph and the GAIN Power Team

Powerful IDEA Awards Tickets and Sponsorships are on sale now!

This year, General Admission tickets are $100. Spread the word within your networks and bring your friends to this fun and meaningful summer event!

Be a part of GAIN's 20-Year Anniversary Host Committee and sign up today for a Host Committee Sponsorship!

Tickets Available Now!

Voting closes in 1 week! Be sure to sign up for an account on our awards platform and vote for your favorite nominees by May 31st!

Democracy Expo

[...]

Logo

GAIN Power Jobs

May 31, 2024, 5:38:43 PMMay 31
to jobstha...@googlegroups.com
Weekly updates from and about our member community

Friend,

Happy Friday! What a week! It's been a whopper. Every day reminds me that this is like no cycle we've ever seen. I don't want to dwell too much on yesterday's events except that it is the first day I can remember enjoying social a bit. The memes and TikTok are on fire. If you need to smile, check out our friend Organizer Memes on Twitter for some of the most amazing responses and memes.

On a personal note, it’s been a rough week. I debated sharing this update, but I could use some good vibes. Last week, I took a tumble walking my dog and broke my ankle in 3 places. I've been in and out of the hospital all week and have surgery scheduled for next week. Recovery is 6-8 weeks after that, without walking or any weight on it, and then at least six months of physical therapy. The good news is I can still do all my work from my bed, and so I am.

Part of keeping my spirit positive has been planning our awards and talking to some marquee awardees this week. The best thing folks can do to support me on this journey is share your love by sponsoring our awards event or getting a ticket. I'm excited about it and want to see many friends there.

I'm excited about some of the positive things happening at GAIN Power and for our community of progressive political staffers:

Finally, can I tell you how excited I am to have Stephanie Noguera on board to lead our team as our first E.D.? Very! She took over the reins in April so I could focus on my full-time day job and clients with Amplify Power. I can't wait for you all to get to know her more as she settles into her role at GAIN Power. She has already significantly impacted our operations and will help us grow and scale our work and impact going into the November elections and beyond.

[...]

GAIN Power Jobs

Jun 7, 2024, 3:50:00 PMJun 7
to jobstha...@googlegroups.com
Weekly updates from and about our member community

And just like that, it’s June!

As y’all know, GAIN Power is just 19 days away from our biggest event of the year… the 3rd Annual Powerful IDEA Awards, also celebrating 20 years of GAIN!

Over the past few weeks, we’ve hit some major milestones along the way to June 26th, including:

CALL TO ACTION:
We’re asking 10 PEOPLE OR ORGANIZATIONS to support GAIN Power’s mission by purchasing a Host Committee Sponsorship TODAY.
 This sponsorship carries membership benefits for your use throughout the year! If you don’t see a level that fits your needs, reach out for a curated package.

Purchases can be made at our EventBrite link and any questions can be sent to step...@gainpower.org.

Before wrapping up, I want to also mention that we have some great programming in our Career Center and Expo space this month, including a Virtual Career Fair and Community Day of Panels. See details below!

In Power,

Steph and the GAIN Power Team

Powerful IDEA Awards Tickets and Sponsorships are on sale now!

This year, General Admission tickets are $100. Spread the word within your networks and bring your friends to this fun and meaningful summer event!

Be a part of GAIN's 20-Year Anniversary Host Committee and sign up today for a Host Committee Sponsorship!

Tickets Available Now!

Career Center Updates

Join The Community of People Powering Progressive Politics

Be part of our community of professionals and activists dedicated to impacting democracy, elections, and advocacy.

To add a job, resume, or apply, visit our GAIN Power Career Center.

Become a Member

Would you consider becoming a paid GAIN Power member? We need to build our community to provide you with better services. If you’ve benefitted from our services or know others who have, we’d love to have you as an official member of our community.

Join GAIN Power today!

Events

June 28 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm EST

Connect with employers seeking to hire top talent at the GAIN Power Virtual Career Fair.

Democracy Expo

Community Day Panels

June 28

Join us for panels hosted by members of the progressive political community!

Featured Organizations

[...]

GAIN Power Jobs

Jun 14, 2024, 4:05:42 PMJun 14
to jobstha...@googlegroups.com
Weekly updates from and about our member community

Welcome to your weekend everyone!

I hope y’all are taking a moment to enjoy it, especially those just wrapping up campaigns in the field and preparing what comes next.

In this week’s newsletter, you’ll see some great events this month that we’re hosting, including:

CALL TO ACTION:
We’re asking 5 PEOPLE OR ORGANIZATIONS to support GAIN Power’s mission by purchasing a Host Committee Sponsorship TODAY.
 This sponsorship carries membership benefits for your use throughout the year! If you don’t see a level that fits your needs, reach out for a curated package.

Before wrapping up, I want to also want to ask you to check out our dynamic Career Center! It’s an amazing resource for job seekers looking for their next great role, and for employers looking for excellent talent.

Democracy Directory

[...]

GAIN Power Jobs

Jun 21, 2024, 5:38:45 PMJun 21
to jobstha...@googlegroups.com
Weekly updates from and about our member community

Happy Summer Solstice!

What a week y’all! We’re seeing heatwaves and climate extremes, impending upcoming Supreme Court decisions, and awareness of the first Presidential debate of the general election season.  As we all navigate the intensity of this time, I’d like to use this newsletter to highlight and lift up ongoing work within our great community!

A big shout out to our partners at the Blue Leadership Collaborative, preparing to welcome their 2024 Summer Cohort, starting next week! We look forward to meeting everyone next Wednesday night at our Powerful IDEA Awards!

We would like to celebrate and amplify HRC’s amazing “Celebrating Changemakers” series, elevating and lifting up the incredible work of leaders in the Transgender and Gender Non-Confirming community. This series is a powerful community resource to learn more about ongoing efforts around combatting transphobia, stigma, and anti-trans violence.

Finally, good luck to our friends at ARENA who are hosting events next week that include an LGBTQ+ Staffer Panel and their next 201 training!

Before wrapping up, here’s my own shameless plug to remember that our Our 3rd Annual Powerful IDEA Awards, also celebrating 20 years of GAIN, is NEXT WEDNESDAY, June 26th in Washington, DC!

Watch this space for final Ticket Giveaway Days!

Democracy Directory