Salary : $46,318 - $70,416 a year
Company : Commonwealth of PA
Do you enjoy administrative work? Would you like to have responsibilities include directing various program operations including budgeting, accounting, purchasing and personnel administration. If so, this position is for you!
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
In this position you will manage and monitor bureau budget which includes compiling data on past expenditures, projecting future budget needs and coordinating the use of state and federal funds in the operation of the bureau. You will direct the administration of the budget, maintenance of records and exercises bureau level signature authority for approval of all fiscal transactions of bureau administrative funds.
Review activities identified on timesheets prepared by the Audit Section staff and determines expenses for salaries and benefits that should be transferred from state general government operations appropriation to other appropriations.
You will also administer the daily fiscal transactions associated with the bureau budget and prepare fiscal year-end encumbrance worksheets to anticipate and project fiscal needs for the bureau to the end of the fiscal year. Check the fund balances of all administrative funds within the bureau to ensure that a cost function does not have a negative balance.
Act as bureau liaison between the Bureau of Human Resources and the Bureau of Budget and Fiscal Management (which has approximately 75 staff).
Interested in learning more? Additional details regarding this position can be found in the position description.
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
- Work hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday, with 60-minute lunch.
- Telework: You may have the opportunity to work from home (telework) full-time. In order to telework, you must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to the headquarters office in Dauphin County.
- Salary: In some cases, the starting salary may be non-negotiable.
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
- Two years of experience in varied office management or staff work; and a bachelor's degree; Or
- any equivalent combination of experience and training.
How to Apply:
- You must meet PA residency requirement. For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency.
- You must be able to perform essential job functions.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS):
- Resumes, cover letters, and similar documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Failure to comply with the above application requirements may eliminate you from consideration for this position.
- 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
- You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
Learn more about our Total Rewards by watching this short video!
Health & Wellness
We offer multiple health plans so our employees can choose what works best for themselves and their families. Our comprehensive benefits package includes health coverage, vision, dental, and wellness programs.*
Compensation & Financial Planning
We invest in our employees by providing competitive wages and encouraging financial wellness by offering multiple ways to save money and ensure peace of mind including multiple retirement and investment plan options.
We know there’s more to life than just work! Our generous paid leave benefits include paid vacation, paid sick leave, six weeks of paid parental leave, military leave, and paid time off for most major U.S. holidays, as well as flexible work schedules and work-from-home opportunities.*
Values and Culture
We believe in the work we do and provide continual opportunities for our employees to grow and contribute to the greater good. As one of the largest employers in the state, we provide opportunities for internal mobility, professional development, and the opportunity to give back by participating in workplace charitable giving.
Sometimes, it is the little “extras” that make a big difference. Our employees receive special employee-only discounts and rates on a variety of services and memberships.
For more information on all of these Total Rewards benefits, please visit www.employment.pa.gov
and click on the benefits box.