Remote Canvasser - Stand up for the working class! $20-22/hr

Margo Levitt

Jul 11, 2024, 3:23:50 PM (5 days ago) Jul 11
to Jobs That Are Left

Remote Canvassers and Team Leaders -  Stand up for the working class!

Hiring Immediately - $20-22/hr + bonuses

Full-time & Part-time

We’re working to call and text voters in order to educate and mobilize our communities for the November election.

Over the past few decades achieving the American dream has become more and more difficult. That’s why we need elected officials who will stand up for working Americans. We’ll be making phone calls and sending text messages to potential voters in key states across the country to ensure that we elect candidates who will support workers and address the issues that impact us most.

Voter turnout in this upcoming election will be critical for issues like our economy, healthcare and democracy. You can make a big impact during this election season by joining us in this important work, and get paid while you do it.

This role is a great opportunity to gain experience in the following areas: Leadership, Communication & Advocacy, Community Outreach & Engagement, Political Organizing, Campaign Work, Public Policy,  and Leadership.

We’re Hiring Immediately! Shifts for this position are available Sunday-Thursday from 1:30 PM - 8:00 PM. We offer both part time and full time work with an expectation that all staff will work a minimum of 4 shifts per week. If offered, your schedule will be created with approval from one of your directors and confirmed or managed through our scheduling app. We also offer overtime opportunities and a $50 monthly internet reimbursement.

Get paid well! Base pay ranges from $20/hr for callers to $22/hr for Shift Managers. Full-time staff will be able to opt in to our company healthcare plan, and we do offer sick pay as well. We also offer a $1/hr bonus for bilingual Spanish-speaking staff. Staff are eligible for bilingual pay after passing a fluency test with our recruitment team.

Locations: Remote - must be able to work from home, be comfortable spending a significant amount of time on camera in meetings, and have a strong wifi connection and cell service. Also, we can only hire candidates in the following states: AR, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, ME, MD, MI, NJ, NY, NC, OK, SC, TN, VA, WA, WI, and WY.

Canvasser Responsibilities ($20/hr):

  •  Engage with the public in a friendly and respectful manner

  • Deliver a compelling campaign message, and collect complete survey answers from voters

  • Participate in staff training to improve outreach skills

  • Strictly follow the campaign's safety protocols, including the use of PPE and compliance with daily health and safety guidelines

  • Passionate about progressive change and will be excellent representatives.

  • People who will work hard and stay motivated to engage as many people as possible each day.

  • People who have strong communication skills; phone/text banking is about having one-on-one conversations with all different types of people and motivating those same people to take action.

  • People who are open to new challenges and want to build their campaign and public outreach skills

  • People who are culturally competent and will be able to respectfully engage with their teammates and the communities we are organizing.

Team Leader Responsibilities ($22/hr):

-The Canvasser Responsibilities plus:

-Manage a small group of canvassers by checking in with them periodically throughout the day and debriefing with them at the end of the day

-Ensure each canvasser has all of the materials they need to be successful

-Assist directors with canvasser training and administrative work

The ideal candidate:

-Passionate about progressive politics and fostering democracy

-Strong communication skills; you should enjoy working with other people and be willing and excited to speak with everyone

-Hard worker who will stay motivated to engage as many people as possible

-Open to new challenges and are interested in building their campaign skills

-Culturally competent and able to respectfully engage with teammates and the community

-Prior canvassing experience is not required.

Apply here: https://www.theoutreachteam.net/interest-form-tot

We are committed to equity, inclusion, and anti-racism. We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage Black, indigenous, people of color, women, people with previous felony convictions, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who identify with underrepresented groups to apply.