HIRING: Democratic Municipal Officials' Digital Director

N R

Oct 27, 2022, 8:35:29 PM10/27/22
to jobs...@googlegroups.com

JOB POSTING - 2022

www.NationalDMO.org

Title: Digital Director

Full Time Permanent / Remote (or in office in Washington, D.C. as employee prefers)

About DMO

Democratic Municipal Officials (DMO) is a national political organization affiliated with the Democratic National Committee whose members are mayors, city councilmembers, and other local elected officials.

DMO is the largest network of elected Democrats in the country and we are growing in staff, size, and output at a rapid pace to service the needs of this large network.

We work locally and influence nationally to create a society that embodies our shared Democratic values and it is our mission to connect, elect, and empower, Democratic Municipal Officials. We are exploring and creating new systems and processes that support this mission and our goal of electing Democratic Municipal Officials in every corner of the country.

About This Role

The Digital Director reports to the Executive Director and supports the overall work of the organization, and its sister organizations DMO-PAC and The Strong Cities Alliance with an emphasis on growing and managing our digital operation. The primary role of the Digital Director is to lead digital fundraising efforts and list acquisition, while also developing and managing a robust social media operation aimed at increasing the name ID of Democratic Municipal Officials (DMO) and our sister organizations.  The Digital Director will also be in charge of the production of creative content, brand management, and will work with our communications team to ensure messaging consistency.

Required Experience:

  • 3+ years of professional political digital experience

  • Experience in NGP/VAN or a comparable CRM, ActBlue, Adobe Creative Suite, Facebook Ads Manager, Twitter, WordPress, Photoshop, and the basics of CSS and HTML5.

Skills and Qualifications:

  • Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience

  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential (a formal writing test may be required) as are strong record-keeping and organizational skills.

  • Experience on a campaign, state Democratic Party, or political organization.

  • Experience using best practices to write in multiple voices with a quick turnaround time.

  • Proven experience managing several projects at once and finishing tasks on deadline.

  • A commitment to the mission of DMO and the principles of the Democratic Party.

Job Responsibilities:

  • Develop and manage a digital plan and digital budget for DMO, DMO-PAC and The Strong Cities Alliance, including acquisition, digital advertising, email, text, and web.

  • Write, edit, and manage fundraising and other content for email, text, and direct-to-donate ads fundraising programs, and social media accounts.

  • Develop and implement a DMO and Alumni list donation program and manage list sharing relationships with allies; continually follow protocols to ensure list health and data security.

  • Create and track digital fundraising projections and meet or exceed those goals on a monthly basis.

  • Manage paid and organic content creation on all social media platforms and on our website.

  • Create and manage our email, text and social media content calendar.

  • Identify opportunities for online engagement and track digital trends to grow our online program.

  • Manage strategic partnerships with digital tool vendors and digital staff at partner organizations.

  • Create graphics, handouts, powerpoint presentations, etc. as needed.

  • Ensure quality and consistency of DMO branding and messaging across all channels.

  • Work with state chapter leaders, communications and political staff, consultants, and DMOs to achieve our digital goals.

  • Stay current on cutting edge digital tools, innovative strategies, and best practices to improve and  expand our digital program.

SALARY RANGE: $70,000 - $80,000

Benefits:

DMO offers a generous benefits package, including:

- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days to include time off starting in late December through early January.

- 100% of health, dental, and vision for all employees covered by DMO.

- $25,000 life insurance policy for all employees.

- Up to a 4% employer match Roth 401(k) plan.

- $100 a month mobile phone reimbursement or a fully covered DMO phone plan.

Location:
This position is remote, however office space is available at our Washington, D.C. headquarters. This position will require occasional travel to conferences and other events.

To apply:

Submit your resume with a cover letter at:  https://www.dropbox.com/request/W8CzWzUPX6pj6ZvrP7iW

DMO is an equal opportunity employer, and we believe employees, leaders and volunteers of diverse races, gender identities, backgrounds, abilities, and orientations make us stronger. DMO is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to any individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and in the completion of their duties, as required by applicable law. We will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited. DMO believes in an inclusive work environment and the equitable treatment of all employees.

N R

Oct 27, 2022, 8:36:46 PM10/27/22
to jobs...@googlegroups.com

JOB POSTING - 2022

www.NationalDMO.org

Title: National Development Director

Full Time Permanent / Washington, D.C.

About DMO

Democratic Municipal Officials (DMO) is a national political organization affiliated with the Democratic National Committee whose members are mayors, city councilmembers, and other local elected officials.

DMO is the largest network of elected Democrats in the country and we are growing in staff size and output at a rapid pace to service the needs of this large network.

We work locally and influence nationally to create a society that embodies our shared Democratic values and it is our mission to connect, elect, and empower, Democratic Municipal Officials. We are exploring and creating new systems and processes that support this mission and our goal of electing Democratic Municipal Officials in every corner of the country.

About This Role

The National Development Director is responsible for coordinating the organization’s 527 fundraising efforts and building a fundraising base for a newly established PAC. Candidates will have proven fundraising experience, with a record of fostering significant annual or multi-year gifts to support the fastest growing organization within the Democratic Party and the largest coalition of Democratic officials in the United States. They will lead a goal-oriented team focused on meeting quarterly donation goals and building relationships with national donors and stakeholders.

Required Experience:

  • 2-5 years of relevant experience in development, fundraising, sales or similar experience.

  • A track record of successful fundraising and designing and advancing strategies for major gifts.

Skills and Qualifications:

  • Bachelor’s degree (minimum).

  • Excellent interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communications skills.

  • Proactive, self-starting and goal oriented.

  • Ability to establish and maintain strong and effective relationships with stakeholders.

  • Well versed in Microsoft Office and Google Workplace software and familiarity with standard fundraising tools.

  • Familiarity with donor record systems and data-tracking of prospects.

  • Commitment to DMO’s overall mission to connect, elect and empower Democratic Municipal officials.

Job Responsibilities

  • Coordinate fundraising strategy and manage internal and external staff/consultants to maximize contributions to the organization, PAC and affiliated 501(c)4, The Strong Cities Alliance.

  • Directly manage the fundraising strategy for DMO’s newly formed PAC.

  • Establish and achieve goals, including metrics for dollar amount raised, solicitation goals, new prospects, referrals, etc.

  • Actively engage with current donors and a variety of networks to pursue introductions and referrals. Implicate timely follow up to maximize opportunities.

  • Coordinate Board, Alumni and senior staff call time scheduling.

  • Develop, update, and maintain a national donor database.

  • Cultivate relationships with state chapters to further DMO’s fundraising efforts in each state.

  • Work closely with fundraising consultants on national fundraising and events sponsorships for DMO’s 527 political organization.

  • Track, manage and fulfill donor requests for introductions to elected officials.

  • Collaborate with the Alumni base and Strong Cities Alliance to assist in their fundraising efforts.

  • Assist with all annual national events as well as occasional state chapter fundraisers.

Salary: $75,000-$90,000

Benefits:

DMO offers a generous benefit package, including:

  • More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days to include time off starting in mid/late-December through early January.

  • 100% of health, dental, and vision for all employees covered by DMO.

  • $25,000 life insurance policy for all employees.

  • Up to a 4% employer match Roth 401(k) plan.

  • $100 a month mobile phone reimbursement or fully paid phone on the DMO account.

  • $100 a month use-it-or-lose-it transit benefit for employees located in the DC region.

  • Work credit card to cover approved work-related expenses.

This position is based in Washington, D.C., and will require travel.

To apply:

Submit your resume with a cover letter at:  https://www.dropbox.com/request/z1XtEuUON2wAuOltxHzD