Deadline added: Progressive Talent Pipeline

Becca Watts

Nov 2, 2022, 12:27:04 PM11/2/22
to Becca Watts
Hello,

I’m reaching out from the Progressive Talent Pipeline, a program to identify, endorse, train, and recommend a diverse slate of committed progressives for staff roles in Congress and the executive branch.

I wanted to share that we’ve added an additional deadline – with a focus on 2022 campaign staffers who are looking for their next role, but open to all! We’re looking for progressive thinkers, communicators, and organizers interested in working in Congress or the executive branch.

We are currently accepting applications for the 2022/2023 PTP cohort, with applications due on Sunday, November 20, 2022. (Note: Our initial deadline was September 11, 2022. November 20 is our second deadline, with priority being given to staffers coming off of 2022 campaigns, and a slightly later endorsement timeline).

Could you help us spread the word? (Or give a like or share on Twitter here or here, or LinkedIn

You can find out more about the program below and at https://progressivetalentpipeline.org

best,
Becca

[*Apologies for cross-posting, and thanks for your help spreading the word!]

---

Working in government is one of the most strategic ways to impact policy-making and shape the national political discourse, but there isn't always a clear entry point for potential staffers who don't already have insider connections or training in the workings of Congress or the federal government.

We created the Progressive Talent Pipeline in 2018 with a vision of bringing new perspectives, expertise, and energy into government in order to “build the bench” of progressive staff talent and advance progressive priorities and policies. Since then, more than 150 of our endorsed candidates have secured employment in Congress or the executive branch.

The people constructing and carrying out the policies that govern our society should represent the diversity of the US and be able to understand and respond to the needs of communities that can’t afford high-priced lobbyists. The Progressive Talent Pipeline actively recruits and supports candidates from underrepresented backgrounds — including but not limited to diversity in race, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, class, disability status, and age — as well as life experience, educational background, and geographic roots.

--
Becca Watts
Director, Progressive Talent Pipeline