Job Posting: Social Media Manager - Social Equity and Education (SEE) Alliance

Jackson Lone

Nov 17, 2022, 3:43:27 PM11/17/22
to jobs...@googlegroups.com
SEE Alliance is a youth-led alliance of 2,000 youth organizers that are fighting in the streets, empowering our peers, and bringing resources into our communities to create a civically engaged generation capable of cohesively defending human rights. We are focused on energizing voters and empowering activists to redefine their social narratives. Founded in 2022, SEE plans to launch initial efforts in Florida in 2023 and will expand our movement and work across the nation over the years to come.

SEE Alliance is hiring a Social Media Manager to lead SEE’s social media content creation and strategy which will promote our goals and impact in Florida and in future states as we expand our reach and programming.

Responsibilities:
  • Collaborate with our executive leadership and communications team to develop and implement a social media strategy for SEE’s external communications to support our issue advocacy, voter registration, and organizing efforts.
  • Serve as lead staff in drafting and posting all content to SEE social channels (TikTok, Twitter, Instagram, and others) including writing copy and monitoring new developments, trends, and breaking news.
  • Serve as lead staff for live social media coverage (live tweeting, etc.) of all events in which SEE has a demonstrated interest, including rallies, legislative hearings, political debates and any other events relevant to our mission.
  • Propose, develop and manage social media campaigns around SEE initiatives and events. Identify strategic opportunities to engage with our users on social media in fresh and unique ways.
  • Bring a diversity, equity and inclusion lens to our work and ensure SEE materials reflect best practices.
  • Other responsibilities as needed.

Desired Qualifications:
  • Strong writing, communication, organizational, and time management skills.
  • Proficient and effective user of social media, and familiar with best practices for content production and tracking.
  • Personable and able to connect with youth from all backgrounds and walks of life.
  • Self-starter and capable of taking initiative and working independently.
  • Strong leadership skills and management abilities.
  • Commitment to contributing to a workplace environment in which diversity is valued and supported.

Salary Range: $30,000-40,000 annually; Part-time, 10-20 hours per week.

To Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter showing why you would be a great fit to Anya Dennison at anya.d...@seeourpower.org, with “Social Media Manager” as the subject line.