HIRING: MediaJustice is hiring a Development Associate

Casey E

Nov 1, 2022, 12:24:01 PM11/1/22
to Jobs That Are Left

MediaJustice (“MJ”) is seeking its first Development Associate to support MJ’s expanding two-person Development department during a period of growth for the team and organization.

The Development Associate is the primary staff person focused on assisting the team with day-to-day fundraising, Development, and Development communications activities. This role reports to the Director of Development. The Associate works closely with the Development Manager, external grant writer, Communications department, other MediaJustice teams, and project-based consultants to build, track, and sustain relationships with MJ’s constituents - especially subscribers, major and individual donors, and institutional funders - to achieve development goals.

Apply for this position here! The posting will be open until filled. MediaJustice encourages applicants to apply early, as we will hire before the deadline if an ideal candidate is identified.

Qualifications (for a full breakdown of the role, responsibilities, and core competencies, please review the job description):

  • At least two years of cumulative Development and Development communications experience at a nonprofit organization
  • Demonstrated comfort and fluency with Google Suite, Salesforce, Mailchimp, Classy, Asana (or a similar work management platform)
  • Strong problem-solving skills and detail-orientation
  • Excellent organizational, project management, and verbal and written communication skills

Compensation & Benefits:

MediaJustice practices a negotiation-free compensation policy and has set salaries based on the level in the organization and years of experience, with salaries benchmarked to be in the top 25% for the three most expensive U.S. cities. The salary level for this role is that of an Associate, and the range is 62,000-65,000 annually, based on the experience tier you land in. In addition to the salary, total compensation includes the following benefits:

  • A fully remote organization with work flexibility to meet your schedule
  • 3 weeks of vacation, 3.5 weeks of office closures, and 13 paid holidays
  • Monthly $150 wellness and $125 home office, and $60 cell phone stipends
  • Medical, Vision, and Dental premiums are covered at 100% for staff, and 70% for their family
  • Non-elective 401K contributions - regardless of employee contribution
  • Paid sabbatical after 5 years
  • And more

About MediaJustice

MediaJustice (formerly the Center for Media Justice) is a national media justice organizing and training collaborative led by and for underrepresented communities and home to our signature project, the MediaJustice Network. MediaJustice has boldly advanced communication rights, access, and power for communities harmed by persistent dehumanization, discrimination, and disadvantage for over ten years. We envision a future where everyone has sustained and universal access to open and democratic media and technology platforms, a future in which we are all connected, represented, and free.

The Development Team is responsible for deepening and expanding the solid foundation of financial support for the organization for years to come. Development is more than fundraising. Development is a long-term process based on a commonality of interest and well-established relationships. Nobody in Development works alone - it’s a team sport. We aim to transform people new to MediaJustice and the issues we work across into informed supporters. We use data and experience to plan. We set goals. We execute. We refine. We seek improvement. We’re willing to test new ideas. We believe in movement work and fundraising principles grounded in equity and social justice. We recognize that much philanthropic and individual supporter wealth originates from the same mechanisms that caused the problems their support is meant to fix.