confusing about the file named “.jobber”

Astrid William

Oct 12, 2018, 1:43:54 AM10/12/18
to Jobber
hello

I am no working as golang and do something about cron.

it is confusing about the file named “.jobber” here for me.

your example jobfile  says

The document in the prefs section contains a mapping with a single entry. The document in the jobs section contains a sequence of two mappings: the two line-initial dashes ( - ) mark the beginnings of the two mappings. Within the definition of a particular map, each key (e.g., name , cmd ) must be column-aligned. The value for each key in the maps is a string. In this example, the value for the key cmd in the second map is a multi-line string.

what is mapping mean here ? and I am  unfamiliar with YAML, how can I define the .jobber files ?

thank you

C. Dylan Shearer

Oct 15, 2018, 3:04:34 PM10/15/18
to Jobber
Hi Astrid,

I apologize: that paragraph is indeed confusing.  Please ignore it.

The example jobfile in the documentation should give you an idea of the syntax.  If you still have trouble, feel free to post your jobfile here and I'll help you debug it.

Best,
Dylan