What does the new architecture look like?

Dean Roker

Dec 28, 2017, 6:25:25 PM12/28/17
to Jobber
Hi Dylan,

I tried to download and compile the latest master, but jobberd seems to have gone, in favour of job runner?

I want to try out my jobber dash with the notify on success but as its all changed I cant work out what to compile and put where to give it a try. Before I just installed the deb package and then replaced the executable

Thanks

Dean

C. Dylan Shearer

Dec 28, 2017, 10:58:29 PM12/28/17
to Jobber
Lol, yes, welcome to the new world order.

You are correct -- jobberrunner is the new jobberd.  Each user will get its own instance of jobberrunner.  Jobbermaster will control them all.

Happily, it's quite easy to run jobberrunner manually: as user X, do 'jobberrunner /home/X/.jobber'

It should be easy enough for you to compile everything with 'make'.  In fact, 'make install' should work too.

I can make a deb package for you if needed.

Regards,
Dylan