Any Appitite for a Notify on Success option?

Dean Roker

Dec 14, 2017, 2:30:54 AM12/14/17
to Jobber
Hi,

Thank you for creating jobber. It is a nice piece of work.

I am writing a dash web app and companion error handler that posts the results of the jobber run to a rest api.

It would be nice to have a positive confirmation that a job has actually been attempted and succeeded from a central place without manually checking each machine.

Is there any appetite for me to add a notify on success option and submit a pull request?

Thanks

Dean

C. Dylan Shearer

Dec 14, 2017, 11:39:41 AM12/14/17
to Dean Roker, Jobber
Sure!  Thank you for the kind words, and for the PR!

Best,
Dylan

Dean Roker

Dec 14, 2017, 11:58:34 AM12/14/17
to Jobber
Cool I'll get started.

Dean Roker

Dec 14, 2017, 12:49:56 PM12/14/17
to Jobber
I think I have done it, I would like to write a unit test to see if it works, but I am struggling.

Could someone have a go at writing a unit test, I added a unit test to make sure the jobber file got imported correctly.

Thanks

Dean

Dean Roker

Dec 14, 2017, 12:54:34 PM12/14/17
to Jobber
I cant push to your repo so to submit the pull request, this is my first one and Im not sure what to do.

Thanks

Dean

Dean Roker

Dec 14, 2017, 2:34:22 PM12/14/17
to Jobber
I submitted a pull request from my fork, but it failed the build test due to a perl http module failing a check

Rpmdb checksum is invalid: dCDPT(pkg checksums): perl-HTTP-Tiny.noarch 0:0.033-3.el7 - u

I don't think my code caused that?

Thanks

Dean

C. Dylan Shearer

Dec 16, 2017, 9:11:04 PM12/16/17
to Dean Roker, Jobber
Yeah I see that.  It is definitely not your fault — the same thing was happening on master.  I’ve fixed it.