Installed(manually) jobber 1.3 and getting errors running jobber init

Troy Torgerson

Feb 9, 2018, 5:14:56 PM2/9/18
to Jobber
Guys, I installed jobber 1.3 (manually) as I had to move to a different server where I want to test it.

1)   When jobbermaster started up, it created all the directories of the user in /etc/passwd.   One issue with that is we use a tool called Centrify that uses an AD group and allows you to log into a server without having a local id on the box.    this means the directory that is created in /var/jobber doesn't include mine.  I had to manually create it.   Is there a way to get jobbermaster to create the folder in /var/jobber?

2) After making sure I have jobbermaster running as root, I tried 'jobber init' under a couple of different user id's. one local, one not.  I get the error
> jobber init
Jobber doesn't seem to be running for user XXXX.
(No socket at /var/jobber/236/cmd.sock.): stat /var/jobber/236/cmd.sock: no such file or directory

What am I missing?

Any help?

C. Dylan Shearer

Feb 10, 2018, 3:06:57 PM2/10/18
to Troy Torgerson, Jobber
Hi Troy,

I’ll look into this tomorrow.

Regards,
Dylan

C. Dylan Shearer

Feb 10, 2018, 4:13:06 PM2/10/18
to Troy Torgerson, Jobber
1) This is not surprising — Jobber only knows about local users.  I don’t know how Centrify works, but maybe you can run jobberrunner as a daemon under your user.  Does your user have a user ID (number)?  If not, this won’t work, but I might be able to make a change to allow it.

2) For the local users, this might be caused by the jobfile having the wrong permissions.  The jobfile needs to be owned by the user and have permissions 0600.

Dylan