Pattern Of College Student Murders From Bates 1966 To Webster 1981: Possible Zodiac/Kaczynski Link?

ak

Apr 7, 2009, 9:01:03 PM4/7/09
to Joan Webster Murder
To understand the following information, you must first understand
that Theodore Kaczynski, the man who pled guilty to the Unabomber
crimes, is considered by some (including myself) to be the strongest
suspect in the Zodiac Killer case. See: www.unazod.com. You must
also understand that the Kaczynski family home in Lombard Illinois is
within 20 minutes of all the Chicago area Tylenol Tampering sites that
caused deaths from cyanide filled tablets in 1982. Kaczynski is also
considered a suspect in that crime http://www.unazod.com/Tylenol.html
.

And in my evaluation of his journal entry for that September 1982
time period, I found what MAY be coded entries listing all the known
and suspected tampering sites and several relevant words. See:
http://unazod.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=27 . For reasons that
follow, I want to raise the question of considering Kaczynski as a
suspect in the Joan Webster case. Kaczynski got his Bachelor's degree
from Harvard University, his PHD from the University of Michigan,
taught from 1967 to 1969 at the University of California Berkeley,
grew up in suburban Chicago and lived for a time in Utah. Zodiac
targeted the SF Bay area, and Kaczynski as the Unabomber commited
crimes at all of the above locations he was personally associated
with, except Harvard.

In the book by Chris Waits and Dave Shors, "Unabomber: The Secret
Life Of Ted Kaczynski", there are some actual entries from Ted
Kaczynski's journal. I have also looked at the entry for Nov. 29,
1981. There were two major events that happened on Nov. 28, 1981. One
concerned the daughter of two former CIA agents. Her father was then a
top executive at a major telecommunications and computers corporation,
ITT, working in the Defense section. She was a beautiful young dark
haired woman, a Harvard graduate student, who was murdered in BOSTON,
MASS. She was last seen at the LOGAN AIRPORT. Her purse and wallet
were found in SAUGUS, her body was found in 1990 in HAMILTON. That
same day, there was an event called the Great LYNN FIRE. Many
buildings were burned down, including a plant that makes engines for
jet planes. Kaczynski had a well known hatred for technology in
general, and planes in particular. In 1979 he put a bomb on a plane
from Chicago to DC, and it was also believed he fired his rifle at
planes that flew over his home. Now look at what I found below. A
series of coincidences or intentional coded entries?

Theodore Kaczynski Journal

November 29, 1981

In my earlier notes I
mentioned that I built a very
small cabin in an isolated site
several years ago. Near my cabin was a
favorite place of mine where I would usually
camp out. Here an owl would usually sing
for me at night...it is tranquil here. There
is peace here. The soft sound of the wind in
the pines increases the feeling of peace.

In my earlier NOTeS I
mentiOned that I Built a very
sMAll cabin in an iSolated Site
severaL years AGO. NeAR my cabIn was a
favORiTe Place of mine where I would usually
caMp out. Here AN Owl would usually sing
for me at night...it is TranquIL here.

Here an owl would USUAlly SinG

Here an owl would usualLY siNg
FoR mE at NIght...it is tranquil here. There
is peace here. The soft sound of the wind in
the pines increases the feeling of peace.

NOTSOB
MASS
LAGON ARIORTP
MHA N OTIL

USUASG

LYNFR ENI

BOSTON
MASS
LOGAN AIRPORT
HAMILTON
SAUGUS
LYNN FIRE

I am not yet making any absolute claims about any of this...I am
merely noting some things. Of course I am exploring a working
hypothesis that Kaczynski, a master code maker and game player, was
using coded entries in his journal to record crimes he committed.

There was a fire on the same day of the Zodiac murder on 7/4/69
and near the location of the attack. Zodiac did burn the car of
Kathleen Johns, a woman who escaped from his potential abduction on
3/22/70, and did send a card saying he would kill "By Gun, By Knife,
By Rope, By Fire." Certainly burning down an industrial area,
including a plant that makes jet engines, would appeal to Kaczynski.
The fire also caused chaos, traffic jams and perhaps even diverted
some police resources at the same time this woman was being abducted.
I haven't yet found if the fire was suspected to be arson, accidental
or unknown origin. The fact that her parents were former CIA agents,
and her father a corporate executive, makes one wonder if she was
stalked and targeted. But she might have been selected at random. A
well known eccentric researcher linked her murder to the Zodiac
Killer, by bizzare means. He also named a man, who was a professor, as
a suspect. But I believe that man is totally innocent of this crime.

Zodiac and Kaczynski were both known to commit crimes and do
mailings on anniversaries of previous crimes and mailings.

This is what I am looking at:

Oct. 30, 1966, Devils Night-Halloween Holiday Period: College student
Cheri Jo Bates killed near Riverside College campus library by 1 1/2
inch by 4 inch knife. Zodiac claimed credit for this crime and she is
considered by most a probable Zodiac victim.

Nov. 28, 1966, Thanksgiving Holiday Period: "Confession" Letter
regarding Bates murder sent to police and newspaper. Poem about
stabbing a woman in a red dress is later found scratched into a campus
desk. Handwriting in the poem is linked to Zodiac Killer.

Nov. 28, 1969, Thanksgiving Holiday Period: College student Betsy
Aardsma, wearing a red dress, killed inside the Penn State campus
library by 1 1/2 inch by 4 inch knife.

Oct. 11, 1969, Columbus Day Holiday: Cab driver and college graduate
student Paul Stine is murdered by gun shot to the rear of the head by
the Zodiac Killer.

Oct. 12, 1974, Columbus Day Holiday: College student Arlis Perry is
brutally murdered by an ice pick to the back of the head inside the
Stanford campus church. Exactly nine months earlier a man claiming to
be the Zodiac said the body of a dead woman would be found in a
church. A sandy haired man in his mid twenties, fitting general
description of both Zodiac and Kaczynski, is seen entering the church
before the murder.

Oct. 30-31, 1974, Halloween Holiday Period: Temporary headstone of
Arlis Perry is stolen from gravesite in Bismarck North Dakota, which
is less than ten hours from Lincoln Montana, a straight shot east on
Highway 94, which goes all the way to Chicago Illinois. In 1974
Kaczynski was known to be in California, Montana and Chicago.

Nov. 28, 1981, Thanksgiving Holiday Period: College graduate student
Joan Webster, attending Harvard, is abducted from the Logan Airport in
Boston Mass. She is last seen with a bearded man. A 10 year old light
colored rusted Chevy may be the suspect's car. Kaczynski did have a
beard at this time and did own cars meeting that description. A major
fire happens in nearby Lynn, burning down an industrial area including
a jet engine plant.

I can reach no conclusions on any of this yet, but I welcome comments,
questions and supporting or conflicting information. What also
interests me id the mention that fingerprints were found on Webster's
purse, wallet and other effects, which did not match Mr. Paradiso and
may be from her killer. As a federal convict, the prints of Kaczynski
would be in the FBI files and available for police to check.
Message has been deleted

ak

Apr 8, 2009, 1:06:19 AM4/8/09
to Joan Webster Murder
It is hard to see the possible coded entries unless they are bolded.
You can see them better here: http://unazod.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=29
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted