New Jnario Release 0.6.0

Sebastian Benz

Sep 5, 2013, 4:09:12 PM9/5/13
to jna...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

there is a new Jnario release 0.6.0 available. This is a small release containing some minor bug fixes and adding the compatibility to the latest Xtend release 2.4.3. The fixes are in detail:

• Compatible with Xtend 2.4.3
• Fix: encoding problems in generated reports
• Fix: CompilerMain & ReportGeneratorMain return error code if compilation fails.
• Fix: remove invalid validation error when two root specs both reference java types.

Happy testing!

Sebastian

Jeremy

Sep 17, 2013, 5:25:55 AM9/17/13
to jna...@googlegroups.com
Hi Seb,

is this in Maven anywhere? I can see it via Eclipse's auto-update, but Maven http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.jnario/jnario-maven-plugin doesn't seem to know about it.

Sebastian Benz

Sep 18, 2013, 4:20:48 PM9/18/13
to jna...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jnario,

the release got stuck during the maven release process, but it is available now.

Cheers,

Sebastian

Jeremy

Sep 19, 2013, 5:05:54 AM9/19/13
to jna...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, unfortunately it doesn't work... I'm getting a "Execution default of goal org.jnario:jnario-maven-plugin:0.6.0:testCompile failed: path is
not absolute". Running maven with -e, the stack trace below seems to suggest it's a problem in JnarioTestCompile.compile

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.jnario:jnario-maven-plugin:0.6.0:testCompile (default) on project
 KayTwo: Execution default of goal org.jnario:jnario-maven-plugin:0.6.0:testCompile failed: path is
not absolute -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.jnario:jnario-mav
en-plugin:0.6.0:testCompile (default) on project KayTwo: Execution default of goal org.jnario:jnario
-maven-plugin:0.6.0:testCompile failed: path is not absolute
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:224)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBu
ilder.java:84)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBu
ilder.java:59)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBuild(LifecycleStarter
.java:183)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:161)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:318)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:153)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:290)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:230)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:414)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:357)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginExecutionException: Execution default of goal org.jnario:jn
ario-maven-plugin:0.6.0:testCompile failed: path is not absolute
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.j
ava:115)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:208)
        ... 19 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: path is not absolute
        at org.eclipse.xtend.lib.macro.file.Path.getParent(Path.java:129)
        at org.eclipse.xtend.core.compiler.batch.XtendBatchCompiler.configureWorkspace(XtendBatchCom
piler.java:261)
        at org.eclipse.xtend.core.compiler.batch.XtendBatchCompiler.compile(XtendBatchCompiler.java:
273)
        at org.jnario.maven.JnarioTestCompile.compile(JnarioTestCompile.java:157)
        at org.eclipse.xtend.maven.XtendTestCompile.compileTestSources(XtendTestCompile.java:63)
        at org.jnario.maven.JnarioTestCompile.compileXtendSources(JnarioTestCompile.java:78)
        at org.jnario.maven.JnarioTestCompile.internalExecute(JnarioTestCompile.java:68)
        at org.eclipse.xtend.maven.AbstractXtendMojo.execute(AbstractXtendMojo.java:39)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.j
ava:106)

Sebastian Benz

Sep 20, 2013, 3:51:52 AM9/20/13
to jna...@googlegroups.com
I will have a look at it over the weekend.

Cheers,

Sebastian

Boris Brodski

Sep 20, 2013, 3:58:48 AM9/20/13
to jna...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeremy,
Hi Sebastian,

It is already fixed in master branch: https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/16551/.

The problem occur only, if you do headless build on Windows.

Cheers,
Boris

Sebastian Benz

Sep 21, 2013, 7:19:25 AM9/21/13
to jna...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Boris for lettings us know. I integrated the fix into the latest maven snapshot.

Cheers,

Sebastian

Jeremy

Sep 23, 2013, 8:04:22 AM9/23/13
to jna...@googlegroups.com
Hi Seb,

I've taken the latest from here https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/jnario/org.jnario.standalone.maven/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/ , timestamped at 06:11.

I'm getting a warning that the pom is invalid, so transitive dependencies are not available; then the build fails with the path not absolute warning.

From looking at the standalone pom, it's set to use xtend 2.4.2 instead of 2.4.3?

Sebastian Benz

Sep 26, 2013, 4:31:49 PM9/26/13
to jna...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the hint. It's fixed now.

Sebastian

Jeremy

Sep 27, 2013, 12:05:13 PM9/27/13
to jna...@googlegroups.com
I'm afraid that's still not worked.

I can build using Jnario 0.5.1 and xtend 2.4.3 , but when I try jnario 1.0.0-snapshot it's still giving the same error.

I've got Maven debug logs which I can email to you if you'd like, comparing the jnario 0.5.1 to 1.0.0 output.

n.b. I'm behind a corporate firewall using a sonatype nexus maven repository so I'll try from home this weekend using a direct connection to central; however I'd be surprised if that is the fault seeing as I can compile Jnario 0.5.1 on xtend 2.4.3.

Sebastian Benz

Sep 27, 2013, 3:13:38 PM9/27/13
to jna...@googlegroups.com
Did you force an snapshot update using "mvn clean test -U", because I found the reason for the problem you described and fixed it in the latest snapshot. If you still have the problems, it would be helpful if you could send me your debug logs.

Sebastian

Jeremy

Oct 1, 2013, 10:00:54 AM10/1/13
to jna...@googlegroups.com
I can't pull down snapshots "easily" because of network restrictions. Instead I've had to manually download the snapshots and load them into my local m2 repo.

I've pulled the snapshots from here https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/jnario/org.jnario.standalone.maven/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/ stamped "1.0.0-20130927.193741-4", and repeated that for each of the requirements. I'll send the log files over now.

Jeremy

Oct 1, 2013, 10:28:20 AM10/1/13
to jna...@googlegroups.com
I've also checked the version of xtend 2.4.3-SNAPSHOT, and the last time I tried to run, it used a version from 30th Sept.

log.txt is using 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
logOld.txt is using 0.5.1
log.txt
logOld.txt

Jeremy

Oct 2, 2013, 8:53:42 PM10/2/13
to jna...@googlegroups.com
Hi Seb, I've finally had the chance to run this from my personal pc (so not restricted to what I can download via maven)

I believe I've found the offending piece of code for you; unfortunately if I'm right, you'll need to get a bug raised against xTend before you can use it as you intend.

This line in org.eclipse.xtend.lib.macro.file.Path Path(String pathAsString) constructor is not deciphering an absolute path correctly for Windows:

// if the first element is empty it has a leading separator;
this.absolute = iterable.iterator().next().length() == 0;

For the path "D:/Programming/Java/jNarioInvestagitive/src/test/java" (what's been set as the SourcePath in JnarioTestCompile ( xtend2BatchCompiler.setSourcePath(concat(File.pathSeparator, newArrayList(filtered))); ), the first element is returning as "D:", as such the length is NOT 0, so it's not resolving as an absolute path, hence then failing in XtendBatchCompiler.configureWorkspace while loop "commonRoot = commonRoot.getParent();" - the getParent() line will throw an exception if it's not an absolute path.

This is on the very latest xtend 2.4.3-SNAPSHOT & jnario 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT, I've also done a quick test on the 2.5.0-SNAPSHOT and have the same results.

Sebastian Benz

Oct 7, 2013, 4:31:49 PM10/7/13
to jna...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeremy,

thanks for looking into it. This is definitely something that needs to be fixed in Xtend. However, I would strongly advice you against using absolute paths in your build files, as these make your projects hard to share and maintain. It might be even a feature of Xtend forcing you to use relative paths. ;-)

Cheers,

Sebastian

Jeremy

Oct 28, 2013, 5:24:02 PM10/28/13
to jna...@googlegroups.com
Hi Seb,

I'd agree, except I'm not. Maven substitutes the paths. The pom I've used to replicate is attached.

If you want, I can upload a sample project replicating the issue.
pom.xml

Jeremy

Oct 28, 2013, 6:12:25 PM10/28/13
to jna...@googlegroups.com
I've just re-run using your latest 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT and it appears to be fixed now. 0.6.1 still has the fault.

Cheers,
Jeremy

Sebastian Benz

Oct 29, 2013, 5:42:14 AM10/29/13
to jna...@googlegroups.com
That’s good news. I will think about making another 0.6.2 release including these fixes as well.

Sebastian

Jeremy

Nov 11, 2013, 6:26:31 AM11/11/13
to jna...@googlegroups.com
HI Seb, any news on this, or on progress to the 1.0.0 release?

Sebastian Benz

Nov 11, 2013, 7:09:56 AM11/11/13
to jna...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jeremy.

I plan to release 1.0.0 in December after the xtext 2.5 release.

Sebastian

Stefan Oehme

Jan 3, 2014, 7:11:01 AM1/3/14
to jna...@googlegroups.com
Any updates on 1.0.0? I'd like to migrate my projects to Xtend 2.5, but that's not possible with Jnario 0.6.1

Peter Friese

Jan 4, 2014, 8:02:19 AM1/4/14
to jna...@googlegroups.com
Same here.

Sebastian Benz

Jan 5, 2014, 8:27:17 AM1/5/14
to jna...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

sorry for the the long silence. I was absolutely swamped with work in November/December and had no time to work on the new features for the 1.0 release. I am thinking about releasing a 0.7.0 version in the next days which provides compatibility with Xtend 2.5.

I am sorry for any inconveniences,

Sebastian

Stefan Oehme

Jan 5, 2014, 8:31:12 AM1/5/14