Has anyone tried Jnario with Arquillian test framework?

Mahlatse Makalancheche

Apr 24, 2014, 3:04:20 AM4/24/14
to jna...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I just saw Jnario yesterday while i was reluctantly struggling to find an eclipse plugin for Jbehave on the eclipse market, it's a real beauty and seems to just bring about "sheer development(driving) pleasure" to java.

I'm busy with a JavaEE project, and i would like to run my tests in Arquillian which would allow me run my acceptance/integration test (these would be my Features in Jnario) in a real server with all dependency injection i get from standard JavaEE. I'm new to both projects but i figure i would need to create some SpecCreator that would support Arquillian, problem is i have no idea how to link the projects, anyone got an idea?

Basic example of a Arquillian test taken from their website:

package org.arquillian.example;

import javax.inject.Inject;
import org.jboss.arquillian.container.test.api.Deployment;
import org.jboss.arquillian.junit.Arquillian;
import org.jboss.shrinkwrap.api.ShrinkWrap;
import org.jboss.shrinkwrap.api.asset.EmptyAsset;
import org.jboss.shrinkwrap.api.spec.JavaArchive;
import org.junit.Test;
import org.junit.Assert;
import org.junit.runner.RunWith;

@RunWith(Arquillian.class)
public class GreeterTest {

    @Deployment  //Arquillian specific
    public static JavaArchive createDeployment() {
        return ShrinkWrap.create(JavaArchive.class)
            .addClass(Greeter.class)
            .addAsManifestResource(EmptyAsset.INSTANCE, "beans.xml");
    }

    @Inject  //JavaEE specific
    Greeter greeter;

    @Test
    public void should_create_greeting() {
        Assert.assertEquals("Hello, Earthling!",
            greeter.createGreeting("Earthling"));
        greeter.greet(System.out, "Earthling");
    }
}

Sebastian Benz

Apr 25, 2014, 9:26:48 AM4/25/14
to jna...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

jnario uses it's own test runner which makes it hard to use another test runner at the same time. But you can customise the spec creation process using a custom SpecInstantiator (http://jnario.org/org/jnario/spec/tests/integration/CustomizingTheSpecCreationSpec.html). You could try to implement the required Arquillian setup logic in there.

Hope that helps,

Sebastian