Stability of resource prefixes?

Chanjung Kim

Feb 7, 2024, 12:12:26 AMFeb 7
to Java Native Access
Hi, I'm working on UniFFI Kotlin Multiplatform Binding generator, where the JVM version is based on JNA.

I embedded the resource prefixes of the supported platforms in my code, but I worry that the resource prefix may change as the JNA version changes. Is there any stability guarantee of resource prefixes, or has it not been changed since the initial release of JNA?

Thanks for reading!

Matthias Bläsing

Feb 7, 2024, 2:31:15 PMFeb 7
to jna-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Am Dienstag, dem 06.02.2024 um 21:12 -0800 schrieb Chanjung Kim:
I embedded the resource prefixes of the supported platforms in my code, but I worry that the resource prefix may change as the JNA version changes. Is there any stability guarantee of resource prefixes, or has it not been changed since the initial release of JNA?

there have been multiple extensions and I surely won't say, they won't change.

If I remember correctly the biggest change in that area was the introduction of armel as name for arm 32bit, softfloat.

Overall I would consider that area pretty stable.

Greetings

Matthias

Chanjung Kim

Feb 7, 2024, 10:41:23 PMFeb 7
to Java Native Access
That's great to hear. Thanks for the response!