Next Release?

Daniel Widdis

Aug 7, 2021, 12:54:27 AM8/7/21
to Java Native Access
JNA 5.8.0 was released in March 2021.

It would be nice to see 5.9.0 during or before September 2021.

There is no urgency to this request, just figuring it's probably about time.

Matthias Bläsing

Aug 7, 2021, 12:27:03 PM8/7/21
to jna-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
yes - that was my feeling too.

One thing I'd like to get done before is to reread the advice for SPDX
license identifiers regarding dual licensing. I suspect that the
license statement in the pom.xml can be further simplified/corrected.

Greetings

Matthias

Matthias Bläsing

Aug 13, 2021, 4:19:25 PM8/13/21
to Java Native Access
Hi,

I intent to reschedule my SPDX investigation and we currently have no open PRs. So this would be my last call for people to speak up if they have changes, that should go into JNA 5.9.0.

If noone speaks up or intervenes, I intent to release in 1-2 weeks.

Greetings

Matthias

Daniel B. Widdis

Aug 13, 2021, 5:59:30 PM8/13/21
to Java Native Access
During today's deep dive into VARIANT I found some suspicious places where BSTR are possibly allocated and not released.   I'll investigate more and update within a few days.  Could just be a documentation fix is needed.

Dan Widdis

Matthias Bläsing

Aug 20, 2021, 2:00:55 PM8/20/21
to jna-...@googlegroups.com
Hi again,

Am Freitag, dem 13.08.2021 um 14:59 -0700 schrieb Daniel B. Widdis:
During today's deep dive into VARIANT I found some suspicious places where BSTR are possibly allocated and not released.   I'll investigate more and update within a few days.  Could just be a documentation fix is needed.

the corresponding PR was merged, further test fixes went in. I intent to release at the end of the week end, some time sunday night.

Greetings

Matthias