Master branch compilation + intstructions

Jarek Stempień

Dec 13, 2023, 3:20:32 AM12/13/23
to Java Native Access
Hi,
Can somebody update master native compilation to not have missing links
like build-compile.xml
and only inluted in previous release
instructions

Regards
Jarek

Matthias Bläsing

Dec 13, 2023, 11:56:37 AM12/13/23
to jna-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jarek,
please describe exactly what is the problem. JNA is routinely build by
CI/CD pipelines on github actions (Linux+mac OS) and appveyor
(Windows).

So what did you do? What did you see?

Greetings

Matthias

Jarek Stempień

Dec 16, 2023, 9:51:24 AM12/16/23
to Java Native Access
Hi  Matthias,

just try build native with what is in master using build.xml
it's pointing to resources what are not in that branch ../parent

Regards
Jarek

Matthias Bläsing

Dec 16, 2023, 10:42:55 AM12/16/23
to jna-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Am Samstag, dem 16.12.2023 um 06:51 -0800 schrieb Jarek Stempień:
> just try build native with what is in master using build.xml

sorry, my brain did not pick up "native". The main reason: I never used
that project as building the native library is part of the main JNA
project even when I first used the project.

So run

ant native

from the main project and the native compilation is invoked. When you
do a "default" run of the main project you'll run:

- compile: Build java part of JNA
- javah: Generate native headers for Java source
- native: Build native part of JNA for current platform
- jar: Java part of JNA
- compile-tests: Compilation of tests
- test: Testexecution

I'll prepare a PR that removes the broken ant script.

Greetings

Matthias