Support for JMX notifications (events)

Daniel Glöckner

Feb 23, 2018, 8:53:21 AM2/23/18
to jmxtrans
Hi,

A few days ago I asked a question in this group related to a certain use case for jmxtrans.

I want to use JMX to publish events to jmxtrans. Guillaume Lederrey pointed me to JMX notifications which are not supported by jmxtrans, yet.

If people believe that this adds value to the project I might spend some time on it and implement a prototype.

I've created an issue and started to explore the API.

First design question is how would we configure a subscription to certain notifications in jmxtrans?

Maybe similar to the following example where we subscribe to AttributeA/B/C of SomeMBean.

Kind regards,
Daniel

        {
          "obj": "com.example:type=SomeMBean",
          "type": "notification"
          "resultAlias": "attributeChanges",
          "attr": [
            "AttributeA",
            "AttributeB",
            "AttributeC"
          ],
          "outputWriters": [
            {
              "@class": "com.googlecode.jmxtrans.model.output.InfluxDbWriterFactory",
              "url": "http://127.0.0.1:8086/",
              "username": "admin",
              "password": "admin",
              "database": "collectd",
              "tags": {
                "application": "my-app"
              }
            }
          ]
        }

Guillaume Lederrey

Feb 27, 2018, 3:29:44 AM2/27/18
to jmxt...@googlegroups.com
This looks very reasonable. We can always refine later on, but please go ahead!

mobile : +41 76 573 32 40
skype : Guillaume.Lederrey
Freenode: gehel

Daniel Glöckner

Feb 27, 2018, 8:13:34 AM2/27/18
to jmxtrans
Hi,

The code is not tested yet as my kids keep me busy ;) but unit tests are passing.

Kind regards,
Daniel
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to jmxtrans+u...@googlegroups.com.

Guillaume Lederrey

Feb 27, 2018, 4:12:11 PM2/27/18
to jmxt...@googlegroups.com
If you already open a pull request, I'll be happy to comment on it :) Easier to track with a PR than adding comments directly on your repo...

Daniel Glöckner

Mar 1, 2018, 5:38:13 AM3/1/18
to jmxtrans
Hi,

I've put some questions there also.

Integration was already extended, as you suggested :)

Cheers,
Daniel