Can Jmxtrans output be a customized into a json?

Harsha Muralidhar

Jul 2, 2018, 1:30:35 PM7/2/18
to jmxtrans
The requirement is to check whether jmxtrans can write directly to an internal time series DB using api calls which takes json as the POST body
I need to post the jmxtrans output to rest api. Is this possible? Which output writer should I use?
Example json for a metric:

[{
"tags": {
"unit": "count",
"metric": "ActiveControllerCount",
"resource": "kafka_metrics",
"provider": "teamx",
"node": "kafka-prod-1",
"env":"usa"
},
"datapoints": [{
"timestamp": 1530171007,
"value": 8
},
{
"timestamp": 1530170993,
"value": 10
}
]
}]

Guillaume Lederrey

Jul 4, 2018, 3:31:40 AM7/4/18
to jmxt...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

That specific output format isn't supported out of the box. But it should be fairly easy to implement. Have a look at the Zabix writer [1] for an example.

mobile : +41 76 573 32 40
skype : Guillaume.Lederrey
Freenode: gehel

Harsha Muralidhar