JMXtrans cannot reconnect after lost connection of one of servers

Tomas Latal

Feb 22, 2017, 2:47:19 AM2/22/17
to jmxtrans
Hi,

we ran into problems, that every time we are restarting server, jmxtrans lost connection and refuses to reconnect with Connection timed out error response.

We have configuration with three servers and jmx stops working when even one of them stops responding. Do you have any idea what can be wrong?

Thanks

tl

Tomas Latal

Mar 7, 2017, 3:40:56 AM3/7/17
to jmxtrans
Still without reply. Any idea anyone? It will really help me a lot

tl

Henri Gomez

Mar 8, 2017, 6:21:24 AM3/8/17
to jmxt...@googlegroups.com
If jmxtrans is restarted, it could connect to servers ?

Tomas Latal

Mar 9, 2017, 4:58:18 AM3/9/17
to jmxtrans
Yes, when JMXtrans is restarted, everything runs until one of the servers that it is connected to is stopped/restarted...

More info: I'm using jmxtrans as docker app and kafka is running on Windows Servers...

tl

On Wednesday, March 8, 2017 at 12:21:24 PM UTC+1, hgomez wrote:
If jmxtrans is restarted, it could connect to servers ?

Still without reply. Any idea anyone? It will really help me a lot

tl

Dne středa 22. února 2017 8:47:19 UTC+1 Tomas Latal napsal(a):
Hi,

we ran into problems, that every time we are restarting server, jmxtrans lost connection and refuses to reconnect with Connection timed out error response.

We have configuration with three servers and jmx stops working when even one of them stops responding. Do you have any idea what can be wrong?

Thanks

tl

Henri Gomez

Mar 10, 2017, 5:34:15 PM3/10/17
to jmxt...@googlegroups.com
what did netstat reports on jmxtrans at that time (jmxtrans didn't reconnecting).
What about when jmxtrans run on a machine/VM and not in a container ?

Tomas Latal

Mar 13, 2017, 9:34:00 AM3/13/17
to jmxtrans
I'm trying to reproduce it, but for some reason it is running correctly after restarting the machines or closing port on FW... I'll keep an eye on it for now. If it fails, I try to run JMXtrans on the same machine as Kafka server.

Thanks for tips. If it fails, I'll try the netstat and post the results here

tl

James Sofra

May 13, 2018, 8:06:37 PM5/13/18
to jmxtrans
Hi,

I am having this exact some issue. Running JMXtrans against multiple Kafka brokers.
In may case I am running seperate queries against each broker.

If any of the brokers goes down and the JMXtrans cannot connect to the JMX server running on the broker it will not connect to it again unless I restart JMXtrans.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
James

Jash Gulabrai

Jun 26, 2018, 10:23:18 AM6/26/18
to jmxtrans
For those interested, an issue has been posted (https://github.com/jmxtrans/jmxtrans/issues/685).

In addition, there are cases where jmxtrans runs into an exception (i.e. when deleting a config file) but continues to run in the background.

It seems the only workaround as of now is to manually re-start jmxtrans.