Kindly help me - Blazemeter .jmx does not show all steps in the recording

Quynh Ly

Oct 8, 2021, 1:25:16 AM10/8/21
to jmeter-plugins
I need your advise.  When using BlazeMeter  to record my test, I added several steps (ie. 5 steps) so that the script is more readable.  However, after  saving, download the .jmx and opening it in Jmeter, I only see 2 actions>  Can you please advise why I can not see 5 steps?  Thank you so much for your great help!!!!

Blazemeter - Add Steps.PNG

DT

Oct 8, 2021, 5:01:26 AM10/8/21
to jmeter-plugins
I see only 1 "step" with 2 UI calls which means that no HTTP requests were generated so you will only be able to replay it using Selenium

If you want to generate a JMeter test plan make sure to do something which will trigger a network request which can be converted to JMeter's HTTP Request sampler.

Demo:

headers.gif

Quynh Ly

Oct 8, 2021, 7:50:24 AM10/8/21
to jmeter-plugins
Good morning DT,

You are Genius and my Hero!!!  I truly appreciate very much for your guidance and explanation.  I am new to JMeters and I really do wish to be good with this tool .  Do you have any recommendation on Jmeter resources that I can learn from begin/advance?  Thank you so much for your great help again DT!!!

DT

Oct 10, 2021, 4:28:52 AM10/10/21
to jmeter-plugins
  1. The best place is official documentation, i.e. Apache JMeter - Getting Started
  2. Official User Manual contains comprehensive information on the most common topics
  3. Components Reference describes each and every test element you can use
  4. If you need more - An Updated and Comprehensive List of Apache JMeter™ Resources
  5. And also there is free JMeter Academy

Quynh Ly

Oct 10, 2021, 8:02:32 AM10/10/21
to jmeter-plugins
I appreciate it very much for your guidance.  Thank you so much!

Kindest Regards,
Quynh Ly