Can anyone help recording Citrix application launched from Citrix Storefront?

Karthikeyan Kandasamy

Dec 15, 2021, 2:43:58 PM12/15/21
to jmeter-plugins
Please help us understand how to use dynamic ICA Files w/ Citrix Plugin

We are using JMeter 5.4.1 and Citrix Plugin
Citrix Workspace version- 19.12.2000.7

VIA LoadRunner, we have used ctrx_nfuse_connect to launch the ICA …

ctrx_nfuse_connect("Tm9uUhjhgujkjjkituiuujnjlklbGVjdCBDQTIwMDg-.ica?CsrfToken=22FE0ABHKJJHKL7KJH89HKLL14006E2435&IsUsingHttps=Yes&launchId=76898076577", CTRX_LAST);

We are able to capture the traffic using the HTTPS script recorder to login to the Citrix Storefront (Web), but when we try launching the ICA, JMeter is not able to capture the actions.

Somehow when we click on ‘Start Recording’ button in JMeter Citrix Plugin- > ICA File Saver is clearing up the dynamically downloaded ica file and then it complains with error downloading the ICA file.

Recorder status shows as "Downloading ICA File An error occurred during ICA file downloading or your download controller is not working. See View Results Tree or log for more information’s."

Log info shows the below:

2021-12-15 10:59:27,463 INFO c.b.j.c.l.CitrixIcaFileSaver: checking ICA save folder F:\JMeter\apache-jmeter-5.4.1\ica_files
2021-12-15 10:59:27,463 INFO c.b.j.c.l.CitrixIcaFileSaver: ICA save folder F:\JMeter\apache-jmeter-5.4.1\ica_files is ok
2021-12-15 10:59:27,463 INFO c.b.j.c.l.CitrixIcaFileSaver: cleaning old ICA files in F:\JMeter\apache-jmeter-5.4.1\ica_files
2021-12-15 10:59:27,768 INFO o.a.j.e.StandardJMeterEngine: Starting ThreadGroup: 1 : Thread Group
2021-12-15 10:59:27,768 INFO o.a.j.e.StandardJMeterEngine: Starting 0 threads for group Thread Group.
2021-12-15 10:59:27,768 INFO o.a.j.e.StandardJMeterEngine: Thread will continue on error
2021-12-15 10:59:27,768 INFO o.a.j.t.ThreadGroup: Starting thread group... number=1 threads=0 ramp-up=1 delayedStart=false
2021-12-15 10:59:27,768 INFO o.a.j.t.ThreadGroup: Started thread group number 1
2021-12-15 10:59:27,768 INFO o.a.j.e.StandardJMeterEngine: Starting ThreadGroup: 2 : ICA-Download-By-Citrix-Recorder
2021-12-15 10:59:27,768 INFO o.a.j.e.StandardJMeterEngine: Starting 1 threads for group ICA-Download-By-Citrix-Recorder.
2021-12-15 10:59:27,768 INFO o.a.j.e.StandardJMeterEngine: Test will stop abruptly on error
JMeterCitrixRecError.png

David Giordano (Gmail)

Dec 16, 2021, 2:07:25 PM12/16/21
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Karthikeyan

Did you try to use the Citrix template?
It comes with a Download ICA Test fragment for Storefront and solves all the interaction needed for downloading the ica file.

image.png

You only need to set the connection values to the Storefront portal and the login authentication information in the UDV and UDV-Recording section.

The best way is always starting from the template and if you need to adapt the download ica fragment to support some unsupported feature on the portal, start from that.

If you have any problem to report or doubts, feel free to report it in the Issues section of the plugin repository.
https://github.com/Blazemeter/CitrixPlugin/

Regards
David

Karthikeyan Kandasamy

Dec 23, 2021, 10:33:48 PM12/23/21
to jmeter-plugins
Thanks for the suggestion, we are able to launch the client using the template by adding a few header details.

We are looking for the following. Can you please suggest any options to achieve these...?

1. Is it possible to set the size of the application? right now its launching in a small window and we want it to launch in 1024*768 resolution, can we change it in the template or any other place?
2. List out the window titles, window change events.
3. Capture specific bitmaps and validate them.

Thanks,
Karthik

David Giordano (Gmail)

Dec 29, 2021, 12:08:10 AM12/29/21
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Karthikeyan

https://github.com/Blazemeter/CitrixPlugin/blob/53e0544d6d7cd6950c25862eb82ba297ee20fd6d/SETUP.md#plugin-properties

Add the following keys to user.properties file located in the JMeter bin folder (jmeter/bin/user.properties).

bzm.citrix.client_factory.client_property.horizontal_resolution=1024
bzm.citrix.client_factory.client_property.vertical_resolution=768

About how to use the plugin, there is a free course at BlazeMeter University where you can learn the basics.
https://university.blazemeter.com/enrollments/106989590/details

Regards
David

lohith krishna

Dec 29, 2021, 5:48:29 AM12/29/21
to jmeter-plugins
Hi David,

Tried this but after making the change Citrix application is not launching

021-12-28 10:10:04,299 WARN o.a.j.u.SSLManager: Keystore file not found, loading empty keystore

2021-12-28 10:10:42,046 ERROR c.b.j.c.c.w.e.ICAClientAdapter: ConnectFailed - arguments [Last client error:0=>Unknown client error 0, Last error:13=>Unsupported function, session is unavailable]

2021-12-28 10:10:42,046 ERROR c.b.j.c.c.w.WinCitrixClient: On Connect Failed!

2021-12-28 10:10:42,046 ERROR c.b.j.c.c.w.WinCitrixClient: Reason: 2

2021-12-28 10:10:42,046 ERROR c.b.j.c.c.w.WinCitrixClient: Reason: 2

2021-12-28 10:10:42,051 ERROR c.b.j.c.s.CitrixBaseSampler: Sample error CONNECT_TIMEOUT

Thanks,
Lohith

Dhivya miracle

Sep 25, 2022, 3:35:51 PM9/25/22
to jmeter-plugins
Hi David,

I tried installing the Blazemeter Citrix plugin and I received the below error. can you please help me with the steps to resolve it?

"Could not update registry key:VdLoadUnLoadTimeOut in HKLM path:SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Citrix\ICA Client to value:30, check you are running as local Administrator"

Citrix workspace version: 21.12
Jmeter: 5.4.1

Thanks,
Dhivya

David Giordano

Sep 26, 2022, 9:49:49 PM9/26/22
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com
Hi  Dhivya.

As the installation procedure mentions, you must run the first time in administrator mode.
On the jmeter bat file, right click and select "Run as administrator".
After the plugin modifies what it needs, you close jMeter and start it again in normal mode.

If everything updates correctly, the message will no longer tell you to run in administrator mode.

Regards
David

Dhivya miracle

Oct 5, 2022, 1:49:26 PM10/5/22
to jmeter-plugins
Hi David,

I'm able to proceed without the error while launching the JMeter.  But when I started recording after giving the storefront URL, User cred, and Domain, I'm able to see the below message in the log, also the Citrix application is launched but nothing was recorded in Jmeter. Could you please help me with this?

Message from Log :
ICA File downloaded
Launching application and recording
Citrix Client connected
Display Citrix Client
Recording started
User logged in

Regards,
Dhivya

David Giordano

Oct 5, 2022, 3:00:04 PM10/5/22
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dhivya

It seems that the start of the application would not be detected.
After one or two minutes of execution, does it give you an error or timeout?

Normally, the log shows "Recording started" and the button "Application started!" should be enabled when the application start.

Is it a virtual application or is it a Citrix Desktop?

Your case may be particular, in some applications the application startup is long and it is necessary to make some changes in the timeout.
If you can share more information, like waiting for a longer time and seeing what message the plugin displays, that might help.

You can enable more debug detail by following the instructions below https://github.com/Blazemeter/CitrixPlugin/blob/master/DEBUG.md and share the jmeter.log with us or send me a private email with the information to my corporate email dgio...@perforce.com
Or, you can create an issue on the project page to better following of the topic and all the shared information https://github.com/Blazemeter/CitrixPlugin/issues