Timestamp wrong after using Jmeter merge results plugin

Henrique Matos

Mar 3, 2021, 2:35:05 PM3/3/21
to jmeter-plugins
Hey guys.

I am using the JMeter-Merge Results plugin in GUI mode

after performing two simultaneous tests using two different machines get two log files jtl ok. The records were collected with the correct timestamp.

After using the Merge Results Plugin I get a jtl file unifying the information, but with the wrong timestamp (12/31/1999).

I generated the http report using the jmeter -g -o and the report obviously also came out with all the wrong dates.

What is happening?

thanks.

Dmitri Tikhanski

Mar 4, 2021, 4:37:22 AM3/4/21
to jmeter-plugins
It's hard to say anything without seeing your .jtl result files and the merge results plugin output from the jmeter.log file

Most probably there are inconsistencies in Results File Configuration so make sure that these properties are inline for both JMeter instances and the .jtl files formats are the same

Results File Configuration can be amended/overriden via user.properties file or using -J command-line arguments

Vincent Daburon

Mar 4, 2021, 5:52:50 AM3/4/21
to jmeter-plugins
Hi,
To compare 2 differents results, the timestamp of samplers are compute from the 01/01/2000 date. The first sampler is shift to 01/01/2000  and all samplers are shift and compute offset from the 1st sampler.

extract from the documentation :
https://jmeter-plugins.org/wiki/MergeResults/

The results file is made from input files concatenated with a new reference date (01/01/2000)

So you need to use the relative date/hour from the begining of the load test and not the absolute date.

Regards.
Vincent DAB.

Henrique Matos

Mar 4, 2021, 12:40:21 PM3/4/21
to jmeter-plugins
Thanks to everyone who responded

To make the question even clearer. The idea is not to make a comparison between 2 tests.

I used two original machines running exactly the same jmx pointing to a single target machine to be tested.

This scenario was to divide the requests because a single source machine was not supporting it. I did not use the Master / Slave model.

The JMX scripts were executed concurrently to perform the stress test at the destination.

At the end I got 2 JTL files. My need now is to put the two together in a single jtl to be able to generate the html report.

when I did this the timestamps were wrong.

Do not use the CLI mode, but the Merge Results GUI mode to generate the merged JTL file

I don't know if for this case of unifying the two tests, the Merge Result would be the most suitable plugin. After all, the idea is not to make a comparison between different moments, but to merge the reports of the two tests in just one and accumulating the results.

Was this really the right way?

best regards

Vincent Daburon

Mar 5, 2021, 5:01:08 AM3/5/21
to jmeter-plugins
Hi,
If you want to merge 2 results files in csv format :
Remove the first line with header to the second file and concate the second file to the first one and save it.

First file f1
header1
f1line1
f1line2
f1line3
lf1ine4

Second file f2
header2
f2line1
f2line2
f2line3
f2line4
f2line5

Final result concat file1 and file2
header1
f1line1
f1line2
f1line3
lf1ine4
f2line1
f2line2
f2line3
f2line4
f2line5

Regards.
Vincent DAB.

Tuyết Nguyễn

Sep 7, 2023, 12:07:13 AM9/7/23
to jmeter-plugins
I have a problem same to you. I don't know how to fix it. Can you tell me how you did? Thanks

Best regards
Tuyet
Vào lúc 00:40:21 UTC+7 ngày Thứ Sáu, 5 tháng 3, 2021, Henrique Matos đã viết:

Vincent Daburon

Sep 7, 2023, 5:01:43 AM9/7/23
to jmeter-plugins
Hi,
To compare 2 differents results, the timestamp of samplers are compute from the 01/01/2000 date. The first sampler is shift to 01/01/2000  and all samplers are shift and compute offset from the 1st sampler.

extract from the documentation :
https://jmeter-plugins.org/wiki/MergeResults/

The results file is made from input files concatenated with a new reference date (01/01/2000)

So you need to use the relative date/hour from the begining of the load test and not the absolute date.
====================================================================================================

Scott Dean

Sep 7, 2023, 4:49:07 PM9/7/23
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,

I do much the same thing of running jMeter on multiple servers concurrently to spread the load.  All servers start at the same time and use the same .jmx file.  Each server writes to its own result file, which is written as a .csv file. To generate a single results file, I basically concatenate the different results files together.  I wrote a script to read each of the .csv files in sequence and, if it is the first file, it writes the whole thing to the combined result file, otherwise it skips the first line and appends the rest of contents of the file to the combined results file.   This works because they are CSV files.  Not sure what to do if the results are XML.

Hope that helps!

-- Scott Dean
    OIT/Shared Services/Application Infrastructure Services
    North Carolina State University
    Raleigh, NC   USA

Dmitri T

Sep 8, 2023, 2:25:36 AM9/8/23
to jmeter-plugins
JMeter can be run in distributed mode, some form of a cluster where master machine orchestrates test execution on multiple slaves and collects results from them so you have a single .jtl results file, in majority of cases it's easier to set up than coming up with synchronizing test start and merging results logic.

I think in the OPs case Merge Results plugin is being used for comparing 2 different test run results and guys are being confused by synthetic date and don't realize that on CSV level this is the only way of doing this.

If you want to keep original dates and still have comparison charts one of the options I can think of is importing your CSV files into PostgreSQL and once done you will be able to use Lateral Join and then export the resulting table or build charts using Grafana

Arshad Salmani

Sep 18, 2023, 1:16:35 AM9/18/23
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com
I am getting the below error when running my JMX script from Master to slave node server. Jmeter version and all required ajr files are already uploaded to both master and Slave server. This is working on UI.

Created the tree successfully using MVP5_multithreading_DryRun.jmx

Configuring remote engine: 10.104.180.51:4000

Starting distributed test with remote engines: [10.104.180.51:4000] @ Mon Sep 18 13:09:28 MYT 2023 (1695013768679)

Error in rconfigure() method java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is:

        java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling arguments; nested exception is:

        java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.blazemeter.jmeter.threads.concurrency.ConcurrencyThreadGroup (no security manager: RMI class loader disabled)

Remote engines have been started:[]

The following remote engines have not started:[10.104.180.51:4000]

Waiting for possible Shutdown/StopTestNow/HeapDump/ThreadDump message on port 4445

Arshad Salmani

Senior QA Engineer

+971 56 828 0883

asalmani@shory.com

Sky Tower, Office 1006

Al Reem Island, Abu Dhabi, UAE

Shory.com

Connect with us on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

Shory Insurance Brokers is a licensed broker by the Central Bank of UAE with license number (287)

Dmitri T

Sep 18, 2023, 2:35:31 AM9/18/23
to jmeter-plugins
Your question isn't relate to the original problem by any means, you should rather start a new conversation than hijacking other: old and irrelevant threads.

With regards to your problem get familiarized with the following materials: