How to add more than 4 .jtl files in Jemeter to merge and create summary report

rahman....@gmail.com

Apr 8, 2018, 8:36:58 PM4/8/18
to jmeter-plugins
Hello All:
I am using Apache Jmeter version 3.0 for my performance load test of a system.
I have 5 test servers where Jmeter test scripts are run (5 different .jmx files run simultaneously) and generate 5 different .jtl files.
After my test, I could only merge (on JMeter GUI -> jp@gc - Merge Results) maximum 4 .jtl files, which I think the default number of files I could merge.
How can I modify to include more than default 4 .jtl file to merge and create Summary Report ?

gli...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2018, 3:36:36 AM4/10/18
to jmeter-plugins
You can simply run Merge Results tool twice:

  1. Merge 4 files into one file containing cumulative results from 4 .jmx files execution
  2. Merge the file from step 1 with 5th file
You can also consider running your tests via Taurus tool, it will run tests depending on your requirements either sequentially or in parallel, in this case you can have single kpi.jtl file with all the results. See Taurus - Working with Multiple JMeter Tests article for more details.

Amila Rodrigo

Nov 10, 2021, 10:03:11 AM11/10/21
to jmeter-plugins
Hi rahman,
Im trying to run 4 different .jmx files and need to generate one report. But I can not add generated csv files for the   jp@gc - Merge Results plugin. Can you explain me how to use "jp@gc - Merge Results plugin"

296017245

Nov 10, 2021, 10:03:35 AM11/10/21
to Amila Rodrigo
 您好,您的邮件已收到,我会尽快给您回复。

Vincent Daburon

Nov 13, 2021, 9:41:05 AM11/13/21
to jmeter-plugins
Hi,

You not need to merge this 5 files corresponding to the same load test.
You have to concats 5 files in one but you need to remove the first line header.

File1 contains :
header1
line1file1
line2file1
line3file1

File2 contains
header2
line1file2
line2file2
line3file2
line4file2

same form File3 and File4
File5 (last) contains
header5
line1file5
line2file5
line3file5
line4file5

You have to contact like this :
FileThisAllLines (with only one line header)
header1
line1file1
line2file1
line3file1
line1file2
line2file2
line3file2
line4file2
line1file5
line2file5
line3file5
line4file5

The merge tool is for 2 to 4 differents load test (not the same date or hour)

Regards.
Vincent DAB.

494199078

Nov 13, 2021, 9:41:18 AM11/13/21