bzm-parallel controller not working

Sampath Perera

May 13, 2024, 3:53:36 AMMay 13
to jmeter-plugins
Hi Team,
I am using Jmeter 5.5 and Java 17. When I try to use bzm parallel controller in my Jmeter test plan that element does not work.
The error says :
ERROR o.a.j.t.JMeterThread: Error while processing sampler: 'bzm - Parallel Controller'.
java.lang.reflect.InaccessibleObjectException: Unable to make field java.lang.ThreadLocal$ThreadLocalMap java.lang.Thread.inheritableThreadLocals accessible: module java.base does not "opens java.lang" to unnamed module @6d2a209c
Please advise.
Thank you
Sampath

Dmitri T

May 14, 2024, 8:48:53 AMMay 14
to jmeter-plugins
You need to use jmeter.bat or jmeter.sh startup scripts which contain the necessary configuration for running JMeter using Java 9+

--add-opens java.desktop/sun.awt=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.desktop/sun.swing=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.desktop/javax.swing.text.html=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.desktop/java.awt=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens java.desktop/java.awt.font=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.base/java.lang=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.base/java.lang.invoke=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.base/java.lang.reflect=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.base/java.util=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.base/java.text=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.desktop/sun.awt.X11=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.desktop/sun.awt.shell=ALL-UNNAMED

Also be aware that it's recommended to use the latest version of JMeter where possible so consider migrating to JMeter 5.6.3 (or whatever is the latest version available at JMeter Downloads page)