Server agent 2.2.1 not connecting with Perfmon plugin in jmeter

Generalusemail Generaluse

Nov 1, 2013, 9:58:40 AM11/1/13
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com
I have created the a test plan with Perfmon plugin to monitor the CPU and Memory usage on my servers which I have to connect remotely.
Then I have placed the ServerAgent-X.X.X.zip somewhere on the server. Then launch the agent using startAgent.sh script on Unix.

I have started the server agent with the setting as they are no changes made.
Now I ran in the jmeter the test plan I created and I am getting error as below:

ERROR: java.io.IOException: Agent is unreachable via UDP
Can you tell me how to resolve this?Is there any changes I need to make in the properties file or the ServerAgen.sh file to make it work?

Andrey Pohilko

Nov 1, 2013, 12:26:07 PM11/1/13
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com
Which version of the plugins do you use?

Generalusemail Generaluse

Nov 1, 2013, 4:09:16 PM11/1/13
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com
THnaks for your response.

The serveragent version is  is 2.2.1 and the plugin version is JMeterPlugins-Standard-1.1.1.
I really need some help.

Generalusemail Generaluse

Nov 1, 2013, 4:39:07 PM11/1/13
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com
Also when i run the commnads like below i get the values

qzbp9y@usplsvdsvmias11:~> telnet 130.173.73.121 4444
Trying 130.173.73.121...
Connected to 130.173.73.121.
Escape character is '^]'.
test
Yep
metrics-single:memory
37.02878471553364
metrics-single:cpu
0.896176947278101
metrics-single:cpu      memory
0.23261824760920136
So I am thinking thet the jmeter is not able to listen using the jp@gc - PerfMon Metrics Collector listener.

Andrey Pohilko

Nov 2, 2013, 3:40:43 PM11/2/13
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com
Please, try upgrading to latest version 1.1.2, it contains some changes regarding PerfMon connection

суббота, 2 ноября 2013 г., 0:39:07 UTC+4 пользователь Generalusemail Generaluse написал:
Also when i run the commnads like below i get the values

qzb...@usplsvdsvmias11:~> telnet 130.173.73.121 4444

Trying 130.173.73.121...
Connected to 130.173.73.121.
Escape character is '^]'.
test
Yep
metrics-single:memory
37.02878471553364
metrics-single:cpu
0.896176947278101
metrics-single:cpu      memory
0.23261824760920136
So I am thinking thet the jmeter is not able to listen using the j...@gc - PerfMon Metrics Collector listener.

Generalusemail Generaluse

Nov 4, 2013, 10:10:37 PM11/4/13
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com

Tried this but no luck.I installed the new plugin but same erorr.

Andrey Pohilko

Nov 5, 2013, 6:46:59 AM11/5/13
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com
Can you provide me with full contents of jmeter.log file for such run?

Generalusemail Generaluse

Nov 6, 2013, 11:57:34 AM11/6/13
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com

I bypassed that error now but now I am getting error as below
ERROR: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

When I ping the machine I am able to ping the machine but when I run the webservice request from jmeter I get this error
Please see the attached log for the same.
jmeter.log

Andrey Pohilko

Nov 6, 2013, 1:32:55 PM11/6/13
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com
The most probable reason is that you having some network connectivity problem. Try testing it with "telnet 130.173.73.121 4444" command.

Generalusemail Generaluse

Nov 6, 2013, 4:15:33 PM11/6/13
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com
I did this and it works fine see the below

qzbp9y@usplsvdsvmias11:~> telnet 130.173.73.121 4444

Trying 130.173.73.121...
Connected to 130.173.73.121.
Escape character is '^]'.
test
Yep

Generalusemail Generaluse

Nov 6, 2013, 4:17:04 PM11/6/13
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com
Also see the attached log that I get now
jmeter.log

Andrey Pohilko

Nov 7, 2013, 5:41:35 AM11/7/13
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com
Seems you have something unclean in your setup. I just did following:
1. Downloaded JMeter 2.10 and extracted it into separate location
2. Downloaded JMeter-Plugins-Standard 1.1.2 and installed it into same location
3. Downloaded ServerAgent and launched it
4. Created empty test, added Thread Group (set infinite loop), Dummy Sampler and PerfMon Metrics Collector. Set up collecting single metric from localhost
5. Started the test - perfmon works OK.

You may have some problems either with your JMeter setup, or with your test plan. Please, try the steps above and chec if it will fail.

On Wednesday, November 6, 2013 4:15:33 PM UTC-5, Generalusemail Generaluse wrote:
I did this and it works fine see the below

Generalusemail Generaluse

Nov 7, 2013, 9:13:13 AM11/7/13
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrey,

Thanks for the detail steps.
When I try to do this on my localhost it works but when I do this on the server machine it does not work.
I followed the same steps the only thing I did for the remote server is I launched the agent on the server and started it there.
Then did the exact same thing there too but then it complains about the connection time out.
Do you know any way I can see if it is atleast hitting the IP address I am trying to hit?

Generalusemail Generaluse

Nov 7, 2013, 10:57:46 AM11/7/13
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com
When I was exprementing on this I just wanted to check do I have to run the jmeter-server on the server too?
I just thought about this when I was looking at tutorial JMeter Distributed Testing Step-by-step.

Andrey Pohilko

Nov 8, 2013, 4:55:04 AM11/8/13
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com
You can check network interaction details with some sniffer tools like Wireshark. Give it a try.

zhangy...@cn-acg.com

Nov 23, 2015, 11:03:24 PM11/23/15
to jmeter-plugins
your 4444 UPD port is not opened.

voip tester

Feb 17, 2016, 5:08:32 AM2/17/16
to jmeter-plugins
Hi ,
             I  have some doubt how to check Memory and CPU details  of my web service  (IP  address  :- 20.10.5.8 ) .

Please share me details step by step .

Thanks

gli...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2016, 10:59:59 AM2/19/16
to jmeter-plugins
  1. Install PerfMon Server Agent on your web service side
  2. On JMeter side add PerfMon Metrics Collector. Set Host/IP to "20.10.5.8" and add as many metrics as you want to check
  3. Start JMeter test and observe Metrics Collector output
See How to Monitor Your Server Health & Performance During a JMeter Load Test article for more detailed step-by-step explanation
Message has been deleted

samson rajkumar

Oct 11, 2022, 12:04:37 AM10/11/22
to jmeter-plugins
Hi All,

I am trying to connect server agent erverAgent-2.2.1

Installed Jmeter tool version

Java-jdk-11.0.14
apache-jmeter-5.5
jpgc-perfmon-2.1
ServerAgent-2.2.1

tested in windows 10 using ServerAgent-2.2.1 - startAgent.bat file

getting below the error message

ERROR   2022-10-11 06:39:07.650 [kg.apc.p] (): Error executing command
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Unknown command [3]: 'yep'
        at kg.apc.perfmon.PerfMonMetricGetter.processCommand(PerfMonMetricGetter.java:87)
        at kg.apc.perfmon.PerfMonMetricGetter.processNextCommand(PerfMonMetricGetter.java:101)
        at kg.apc.perfmon.PerfMonWorker.read(PerfMonWorker.java:210)
        at kg.apc.perfmon.PerfMonWorker.processCommands(PerfMonWorker.java:97)
        at kg.apc.perfmon.AgentTool.processParams(AgentTool.java:72)
        at kg.apc.cmdtools.PluginsCMD.processParams(PluginsCMD.java:63)
        at kg.apc.cmdtools.PluginsCMD.processParams(PluginsCMD.java:23)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
        at kg.apc.cmd.UniversalRunner.main(UniversalRunner.java:175)

Anyone know the fix please share it. It would be more helpful

Sachini Nayanathara Daranagama

Oct 3, 2023, 6:30:04 AM10/3/23
to jmeter-plugins
samson rajkumar, you should type 'test' not 'yep' as the command.