Help on Prometheus Plugin

surendra matta

Jun 21, 2022, 3:14:47 PM6/21/22
to jmeter-plugins
Hi,

can I have an example of how to mention the Prometheus server and port in the JMeter properties file?

EX: if I need to run the JMeter script from my local but my Prometheus is running on one of my VM, how to capture the metrics in Prometheus if I execute my JMX from my local.

Regards,
Venkat

surendra matta

Jun 21, 2022, 3:43:01 PM6/21/22
to jmeter-plugins
And also I am getting the below error when I configure the scrap configs

Get "http://localhost:9270/metrics": dial tcp [::1]:9270: connectex: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

DT

Jun 22, 2022, 2:12:50 AM6/22/22
to jmeter-plugins
As per Properties you can override chapter of the plugin documentation you can set the  Prometheus host and port via user.properties file (lives in "bin" folder of your JMeter installation)

prometheus.ip=your-prometheus-ip-address-or-hostname
prometheus.port=port-of-your-prometheus-instance

or alternatively you can pass these properties via -J command-line arguments like:

jmeter -Jprometheus.ip=your-prometheus-ip-address-or-hostname -Jprometheus.port=port-of-your-prometheus-instance -t your-test.jmx .....

More information: