need to run load test required duration 9AM - 6PM

sundar

Mar 6, 2024, 4:16:53 AMMar 6
to jmeter-plugins
I want to run the load test plan daily basis like everyday morning 9AM - 6PM, i have setup (10 threads) 10 business signup and login and for each business 10 checkin api likewise 100 checkin in total, i can do this with loop controller set it up as 10 count and after that, i added admin (outside loop controller) to remove those 10 business registration, so i could use those 10 business details again to register. but the thing i want to run this load test everyday morning to evening. i have no clue how to do it

Dmitri T

Mar 6, 2024, 4:28:59 AMMar 6
to jmeter-plugins
You can use your operating system scheduling mechanisms for starting the test at the specified time:
Cross-platform solution would be using a CI/CD tool like Jenkins, moreover you can make use of Performance Plugin where you can specify pass/fail criteria and see performance trend charts.

sundar

Mar 6, 2024, 4:41:37 AMMar 6
to jmeter-plugins
I'm having doubt on this, if i setup the thread as 10 and im having the csv file which having the 10 business details only even though i removed it from the database at the end of the test, i need to repeat the process again. untill the time is over. if i trigger the jmx using jenkins or bat file, it will start but it will end in couple of mins right after 10 threads finished? or might be I'm wrong? this is my test plan but i need to repeat the process morning to evening and at the end of the day, it should generated the report

Dmitri T

Mar 6, 2024, 4:59:06 AMMar 6
to jmeter-plugins
This group is related to JMeter Plugins project, your question isn't connected with JMeter Plugins by any means, please use another group like JMeter Forum

You can set desired test duration under Thread Group:

Untitled.png

if you need to slow down JMeter test execution so the desired amount of requests would be evenly distributed across 8 hours - take a look at i.e. Constant Throughput Timer  or Precise Throughput Timer