Unable to make JDBC connection to SQL server

Ram Raj

Oct 3, 2022, 8:04:27 AM10/3/22
to jmeter-plugins
  Hi,

I am trying to make a JDBC connection to SQL server but I am getting this error
Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (The driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Error: "SQL Server did not return a response. The connection has been closed. ClientConnectionId:ed21ad88-5a8b-47fc-837e-e93b3caf2fca".)

I checked in related content in stackoverflow but still no use

Have attached screenshot for details

JDBC.png
JDBC1.png

DT

Oct 3, 2022, 8:27:24 AM10/3/22
to jmeter-plugins
Your question isn't related to JMeter Plugins by any means, it should go to JMeter Forum instead.

Whatever.

It looks like there is a problem with SSL handshake between the JDBC driver and MSSQL database, you can enable SSL debugging by adding the next line to system.properties file (lives in "bin" folder of your JMeter installation)

javax.net.debug=all

As a workaround you can add encrypt=false parameter to your JDBC URL so the connection would be plaintext, the error should go away, however if you're testing the database your setup should be as close to the production as possible so I would rather recommend checking out what's going on with the secure communications.