SSHMon Samples Collector usage

Trisha Chetani Agarwal

Sep 28, 2017, 9:35:16 AM9/28/17
to jmeter-plugins
Hi All ,

I am trying to SSHMon Samples Collector and was unable to find any example over internet

1. How can we pass aws key .${__FileToString(pem_file)} , Where do i have to upload the key file / tried with copy pasting the directly key even.
2, What should be in password because command line have key dont require a password.
3. What are different command we can pass ?
4. ReadME has : sariostatvmstatmpstat but then the command sar -u 1 1 | awk '/^Average:/{print 100-$8}

Any help will be appreciated

Note : I searched even here in email list for previous post
Thanks & Regards,
Trisha

Till Neunast

Oct 2, 2017, 2:36:54 PM10/2/17
to jmeter-plugins
1. How can we pass aws key .${__FileToString(pem_file)} , Where do i have to upload the key file / tried with copy pasting the directly key even.

You can only pass the SSH private key (PEM format, base64 encoded), so when you say AWS key I guess you mean the credentials needed for AWS API access which are different than SSH credentials for any individual server.

The problem with copy/paste is that line breaks are removed. Hence the example with the __FileToString function (__P would also work, though again tricky to include line breaks).

Though if you really want to include the key in the jmx file you could copy and paste the key into the jmx file (in a text editor), so as to preserve the line breaks.

2, What should be in password because command line have key dont require a password.

As described on the Readme on Github, the password would be the password for the private key (if a private key is given).

3. What are different command we can pass ?

Any command that you can run on the command line and that returns numeric output.

4. ReadME has : sariostatvmstatmpstat but then the command sar -u 1 1 | awk '/^Average:/{print 100-$8}

The example commands return more output than the SSHMon plugin is expecting (which is a single value that can be plotted over time), so the awk command is used to trim the command output to a single number.

HTH
Till

Octavian Dobrin

Aug 26, 2020, 9:48:06 AM8/26/20
to jmeter-plugins
Hello,

I am using the sshmon plugin and it works great in GUI mode on local PC.
However, if I move it to the server and run in non-gui mode, the timestamp column in the resulting CSV has value "0" for all entries.
I have no clue how to debug this, would appreciate feedback.

With Regards
Octavian.