bzm - Concurrency Thread Group "Thread Iterations Limit:" forever?

nomad...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2016, 3:39:20 PM9/13/16
to jmeter-plugins
Does anyone know how the JMeter plug-in bzm - Concurrency Thread Group "Thread Iterations Limit:" can be configured to loop forever, similar to the standard Thread Group "Loop Count:" forever checkbox?

UseCase:
loop through CSV Data Set Config with recycle on EOF = false and stop thread on EOF = true.

Thank you in advance.
Troy

Andrey Pokhilko

Sep 13, 2016, 4:57:13 PM9/13/16
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com

Just not put the value there, and it will not limit iterations.

Andrey Pokhilko

nomad...@gmail.com

Sep 14, 2016, 5:21:40 AM9/14/16
to jmeter-plugins
Thanks Andrey I believe I have my issue which may be a misunderstanding of how Concurrency Thread Group works. It appears that the thread group repeats only for the the amount of time specified in the "Ramp Up Time (min/sec)". Is this the intended behaviour?

Thank you,
Troy

Andrey Pokhilko

Sep 23, 2016, 3:54:54 PM9/23/16
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you provide a screenshot of your setup?

Andrey Pokhilko

hashe...@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2018, 12:56:12 PM4/11/18
to jmeter-plugins
Hi all,
In Concurrency Thread Group, what's usage of Thread Iterations Limit. It seems it is same as Loop Count, but when I set it to  any value (e.g. 10, 15, empty)  it just runs 1 time.
anybody knows how can I run Concurrency Thread Group in loop?

artem....@blazemeter.com

Apr 13, 2018, 11:06:04 AM4/13/18
to jmeter-plugins
Hi,

Could you, please, send example *jmx file and describe behaviour that you expect?

Thanks,
Artem

hashe...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2018, 1:17:46 PM4/17/18
to jmeter-plugins

This image shows Thread Iterations Limit has been set to 3 but thread group ran one time.

Andrey Pokhilko

Apr 17, 2018, 1:19:44 PM4/17/18
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com

How do you tell that it runs just one time?

Andrey Pokhilko

hashe...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2018, 1:36:57 PM4/17/18
to jmeter-plugins
By checking Summary Report (# of Samples) and adding View Result Listener

Andrey Pokhilko

Apr 17, 2018, 1:37:39 PM4/17/18
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com

I need more details. What exactly in View Results Tree makes you to think so?

Andrey Pokhilko

hashe...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2018, 1:38:13 PM4/17/18
to jmeter-plugins
and also by using Active Threads Over Time listener

aspir...@gmail.com

May 17, 2018, 12:04:48 PM5/17/18
to jmeter-plugins
I am setting up a Concurrency Thread Group with thse parameters:
Target Concurrency: 1
Ramp Up Time (sec): 0
Ramp-Up Steps Count: 0
Hold Target Rate Time (sec): 1
Thread Iterations Limit: 1

Inside the thread group there is one sampler that perfoms a query.
If I understand it correctly, the sampler should only run once: one thread doing one iteration.
Instead, it runs several times. I am logging the thread status into a file, which shows several lines like this:

timeStamp,elapsed,label,responseCode,responseMessage,threadName,dataType,success,failureMessage,bytes,sentBytes,grpThreads,allThreads,Latency,IdleTime,Connect
1526572831613,0,,,START,Citizens_new 3-1,,false,,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
1526572831704,0,,,FINISH,Citizens_new 3-1,,false,,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
1526572831705,0,,,START,Citizens_new 3-2,,false,,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
1526572831792,0,,,FINISH,Citizens_new 3-2,,false,,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
1526572831792,0,,,START,Citizens_new 3-3,,false,,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
1526572831865,0,,,FINISH,Citizens_new 3-3,,false,,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
1526572831865,0,,,START,Citizens_new 3-4,,false,,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

Where the fields that are "false" seem to correspond to the "success" field. However the http sampler is successful. Could this be the problem?

Andrey Pokhilko

May 17, 2018, 1:03:01 PM5/17/18
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

The nature of concurrency thread group is to maintain specified concurrency. If you want your threads just perform a flow and pass away - look at Arrivals Thread Group, it does what you expect.

--

Andrey Pokhilko