jMeter plugins failing to download through Plugins Manager

Mital Majmundar

Aug 11, 2016, 1:03:04 AM8/11/16
to jmeter-plugins
Hi,

I am trying to download jMeter plugins from plugins manager.

I am using jMeter 3.0 r1743807 and plugins manager is jmeter-plugins-manager-0.10.

The error log says as below:

2016/08/11 10:25:38 INFO  - org.jmeterplugins.repository.Downloader: Downloading: https://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=kg/apc/jmeter-plugins-cmn-jmeter/0.3/jmeter-plugins-cmn-jmeter-0.3.jar
2016/08/11 10:25:39 ERROR - org.jmeterplugins.repository.PluginManager: Failed to download jmeter-plugins-cmn-jmeter javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Any ideas or pointers?

Andrey Pokhilko

Aug 11, 2016, 5:37:05 AM8/11/16
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com

THis was already solved in the past, try searching forums.

Andrey Pokhilko

Mital Majmundar

Aug 11, 2016, 6:44:34 AM8/11/16
to jmeter-plugins
Hi Andrey,

The earlier posts deals with error for displaying the plugins.

I have gotten past that and now am stuck at downloading the same. Attached the error snaps which is encountered at the base of the plugin manager.

I did some digging for the error encountered on internet and found the below article somewhat related.

May be the new java version is creating a problem?
jMeer Plugins Manager.PNG

Andrey Pokhilko

Aug 11, 2016, 6:50:40 AM8/11/16
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com

Can you remind me if you use any proxy settings or not? Also, which Java version do you use?

Andrey Pokhilko

Mital Majmundar

Aug 11, 2016, 7:08:19 AM8/11/16
to jmeter-plugins
I am behind a company proxy and yes I am invoking jmeter with a proxy and the required authentication as per below command:

jmeter -H "<proxy>" -P "8080" -u "<Username>" -a "<password>"

The JDK version I have is 1.8.0_73.

Andrey Pokhilko

Aug 11, 2016, 7:41:15 AM8/11/16
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com

Then I assume something does not pass your company's proxy correct. Maybe certain SSL ciphers cannot go through it...

Behind the proxy, what will your browser say if you will request https://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=kg/apc/jmeter-plugins-cmn-jmeter/0.3/jmeter-plugins-cmn-jmeter-0.3.jar in it? Will it produce error?

Andrey Pokhilko

Andrey Pokhilko

Aug 11, 2016, 7:42:53 AM8/11/16
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com

Mital Majmundar

Aug 11, 2016, 7:56:49 AM8/11/16
to jmeter-plugins
Ok.

On other thoughts, is it possible to install the plugins directly the old way. I mean by getting the jar file and putting it in lib\ext folder?

Andrey Pokhilko

Aug 11, 2016, 8:06:54 AM8/11/16
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com

If you will manually build the plugins from source code, you can take jars and place them into lib/ext and lib/. But this is cumbersome process, that's why Plugins Manager were introduced.

Another option is to build desired JMeter setup outside firewalled environment, zip it and then use it behind firewall.

Andrey Pokhilko

Mital Majmundar

Aug 11, 2016, 8:30:31 AM8/11/16
to jmeter-plugins
That will be a bit difficult for me as I don't have much hands on with java.

But my point was just like earlier times do we still have the jars for the plugins available. Afterall that is what jMeter is doing in a way still right?

Mital Majmundar

Aug 11, 2016, 9:04:18 AM8/11/16
to jmeter-plugins
And the above link does not produce error behind company proxy. What does that say?

Andrey Pokhilko

Aug 11, 2016, 9:08:11 AM8/11/16
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com

There are strong reasons why old approach were worse, mainly because of library JAR conflicts and unused plugins shipped to users.

If you will obtain JAR files, then you can put them into JMeter directories, that's what Plugin Manager does inside.

BTW you did not answer what will your browser say if you will try to download the JAR from link...

Andrey Pokhilko

Andrey Pokhilko

Aug 11, 2016, 9:13:55 AM8/11/16
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com

That means that problem is specific to Java JRE. If you have read the links to StackOverflow, it boils down to having root certificates in trusted keystore.

Andrey Pokhilko

Mital Majmundar

Aug 11, 2016, 9:30:04 AM8/11/16
to jmeter-plugins
ok. So where do I get those jars from?

Mital Majmundar

Aug 11, 2016, 9:32:06 AM8/11/16
to jmeter-plugins
so you mean that I should put the certificate generated by jMeter in the trusted store of jre?

Andrey Pokhilko

Aug 11, 2016, 9:44:53 AM8/11/16
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com

The problem is not with JMeter certificate, but with https://search.maven.org/ certificate. One of ways is to try to install certificate for this site into Java's trusted keystore.

I will think of this problem more in my spare time, currently I see no good solution...

Andrey Pokhilko

Mital Majmundar

Aug 11, 2016, 9:48:51 AM8/11/16
to jmeter-plugins
ok. So now I am getting somewhere. Can you probably get me the certificate to this site? I will try and add it in the trust store and try installing the plugins.

Andrey Pokhilko

Aug 11, 2016, 9:57:03 AM8/11/16
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com

I can't give it to you, because I don't have it. You have to get it yourself like described in abovementioned articles.

Andrey Pokhilko

Stuart Barlow

Aug 16, 2016, 9:52:20 AM8/16/16
to jmeter-plugins
For users who have problems reaching https://search.maven.org, but have access to a local nexus repository, is there a way to configure the plugin manager to retrieve jars from the local server?

Mital Majmundar

Aug 25, 2016, 4:45:58 AM8/25/16
to jmeter-plugins
If there is a way to achieve this it would be very helpful. Also as I have written before, direct access to jars will also be helpful for such users.

Andrey Pokhilko

Aug 25, 2016, 4:47:02 AM8/25/16
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com

I see the issue, I will work to find a solution for it.

Andrey Pokhilko

Mital Majmundar

Aug 25, 2016, 8:12:39 AM8/25/16
to jmeter-plugins
Thanks Andrey.

and...@blazemeter.com

Sep 4, 2016, 4:51:49 PM9/4/16
to jmeter-plugins
Hi,

Will the local plugins repository work for you? It's one large archive, which you can configure to be used by Plugins Manager.

--
Andrey

Mital Majmundar

Sep 9, 2016, 1:48:17 AM9/9/16
to jmeter-plugins, and...@blazemeter.com
Apologies for the late reply.

Lets check the option. How do you want to proceed?