jMeter plugin manager is not working

Mital Majmundar

Aug 8, 2016, 5:51:09 AM8/8/16
to jmeter-plugins
Hello,

I am trying to add a plugin to jMeter to enhance its usage.

As per here, I understand that we have to put the plugin jar in lib/ext folder. I did the same and got the option of "Plugin Manager" under options menu.

On opening the plugin manager I got the error as attached. (Plugin Manager Error 1.txt)

Because I am working inside a company proxy I invoked jMeter with the proxy as jmeter -H "proxy" -P "8080" -u "username" -a "password"

Even  after this I get the attached error. (Plugin Manager Error 2.txt)

Can somebody help me with this?

Also any other pointers to use the plugin with jMeter will also be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mital
Plugin Manager Error 1
Plugin Manager Error 2

Andrey Pokhilko

Aug 8, 2016, 6:16:04 AM8/8/16
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Which version of Plugins Manager do you use?

Andrey Pokhilko

Mital Majmundar

Aug 8, 2016, 6:22:43 AM8/8/16
to jmeter-plugins
I am using jmeter-plugins-manager-0.10

Andrey Pokhilko

Aug 8, 2016, 6:25:49 AM8/8/16
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com

Ok,

Can you try using command-line status check, like shown here: https://jmeter-plugins.org/wiki/PluginsManager/#Plugins-Manager-from-Command-Line

Something like:

JVM_ARGS="-Dhttps.proxyHost=myproxy.com -Dhttps.proxyPort=8080 -Dhttp.proxyUser=john -Dhttp.proxyPass=***" PluginsManagerCMD status

What will it show you?

Andrey Pokhilko

Mital Majmundar

Aug 9, 2016, 9:08:18 AM8/9/16
to jmeter-plugins
Thanks for the info Andrey,

I am stuck at the point :
make sure PluginsManagerCMD.sh or PluginsManagerCMD.bat is present in jmeter/bin directory. If not, run java -cp jmeter/lib/ext/jmeter-plugins-manager-0.9.jar org.jmeterplugins.repository.PluginManagerCMDInstaller to have the files created
When I run the above command I get the below error:

Error: Could not find or load main class org.jmeterplugins.repository.PluginManagerCMDInstaller
Any ideas?

Mital Majmundar

Aug 9, 2016, 9:12:52 AM8/9/16
to jmeter-plugins
Ok. I got through.

Now when I run "PluginsManagerCMD status" I get a long message saying as attached.
Plugin Status message

Mital Majmundar

Aug 9, 2016, 9:28:48 AM8/9/16
to jmeter-plugins
Thanks for responding to queries Andrey.

I have got through with this.

The core issue was when I was invoking jMeter with proxy I was giving a domain name also with the user name.

eg : jmeter -H "<Proxy" -P "8080" -u "<Domain>\<UserName" -a "<password>"

When I tried without domain, it worked fine.

Andrey Pokhilko

Aug 9, 2016, 9:32:27 AM8/9/16
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com

Glad it solved for you

Andrey Pokhilko

Mital Majmundar

Aug 9, 2016, 9:38:08 AM8/9/16
to jmeter-plugins
Thanks

I had one question actually.

Can jMeter support thick client applications? I mean can it emulate processes?

Andrey Pokhilko

Aug 9, 2016, 10:53:48 AM8/9/16
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com

Technically, yes. Might vary the effort needed depending on the circumstances...

Andrey Pokhilko

Mital Majmundar

Aug 10, 2016, 2:21:40 AM8/10/16
to jmeter-plugins
Can you suggest any pages or documents which points to this knowledge base?

Andrey Pokhilko

Aug 10, 2016, 3:23:43 AM8/10/16
to jmeter-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Testing custom protocols usually involve a lot of Java programming with http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#Java_Request or http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#JSR223_Sampler

Frequently you might want to even write your own sampler, or even own load generator. Then, you can go with Taurus tool to automate it (http://gettaurus.org/).

Andrey Pokhilko

skdand...@gmail.com

Nov 17, 2016, 8:33:40 AM11/17/16
to jmeter-plugins

hi

i am alos facing the same issue still my plug in manager is giving socket connection error
please help as asap

Thanks
Srikrishna.D

panwa...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2018, 2:50:10 AM1/14/18
to jmeter-plugins
Hello Andrey,

I'm getting the same error(unable to open JMeter plugin manager) and when I open the (https://jmeter-plugins.org/wiki/PluginsManager) I'm getting the below response

PHP Error on /home/ofhrhtgk/public_html/vendor/undera/pwe/PWE/Core/PWELogger.php:98
exception 'PWE\Exceptions\PHPFatalException' with message 'PHP Error with code 2: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.' in /home/ofhrhtgk/public_html/vendor/undera/pwe/PWE/Core/PWELogger.php:98
Stack trace:
#0 [internal function]: PWE\Exceptions\PHPFatalException::errorHandler(2, 'date(): It is n...', '/home/ofhrhtgk/...', 98, Array)
#1 /home/ofhrhtgk/public_html/vendor/undera/pwe/PWE/Core/PWELogger.php(98): date('d.m.Y H:m:s')
#2 /home/ofhrhtgk/public_html/vendor/undera/pwe/PWE/Core/PWELogger.php(134): PWE\Core\PWELogger::debug_print('php://stderr', 'error', 'Exception occur...', Array)
#3 /home/ofhrhtgk/public_html/vendor/undera/pwe/index.php(81): PWE\Core\PWELogger::error('Exception occur...', '/wiki/PluginsMa...', Object(PWE\Exceptions\PHPFatalException))
#4 /home/ofhrhtgk/public_html/index.php(2): require('/home/ofhrhtgk/...')
#5 {main}.

JMeter Version: 3.3
Pluging Manager Version: jmeter-plugins-manager-0.18.jar

artem....@blazemeter.com

Jan 14, 2018, 10:19:56 AM1/14/18
to jmeter-plugins
The problem is solved

giri...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2018, 9:47:26 AM8/26/18
to jmeter-plugins
Hello,

I opened jmeter in non-gui mode with -H 192.168.3.228 -P 8090. after that i opened jmeter plugin manager from Options menu.
i am getting failed to download plugs in repository.

I am using latest Jmeter 4.0 and Plugs in manager as 1,3.

Please help me the same. if Jmeter is not opened in non-gui mode, Jmter Plugin manager is not displaying.

Thanks in advance,
giribabu
failedtodownloadpluginsmanager.png

REJITH R

Sep 3, 2020, 3:32:32 AM9/3/20
to jmeter-plugins
Hello,

I am trying to add a plugin to jMeter to update an already existing jmx file which has written with the help of external plugins.
When opening the plugin manager I got the error as attached. (error.png)
As I'm working with a company proxy I don't how to set the proxy for jmeter.
Can somebody help me on this?

Thanks,

Rejith R
error.png