additional PRRC notes and info on signups

Danielle van Asch-Prevot

Jan 23, 2014, 4:22:01 PM1/23/14
to jlsf-provisional-ed---silver-and-gold
To answer a few people's individual questions as a group:

1. What the heck? PRRC? I barely remember that. What is it, what do I need to do etc.? Log into Digital Cheetah (also called the JLSF website) Check and see which shifts of anything you are signed up for. If you do not have a PRRC shift, there are several Saturdays open. Sign up for one

Our group dates are March 8 and April 12. Please make a note of your assigned shift, and do not be flakey and miss it. (Lauren E. I believe you signed up for March 8)

Greetings Provisionals –

We are excited to report that the Provisional Education Experience shifts with Pomeroy Recreation & Rehabilitation Center (PRRC) have kicked off!  Over the past few Saturdays, Provisionals have had a great time volunteering with PRRC clients.  The PE Experience is an opportunity for you to learn more about the Bay Area nonprofits The Junior League of San Francisco partners with.  Hands-on volunteering enables you to take a deep dive into what these organizations do.  Throughout the year, there are a variety of options to choose from so you can select the volunteer shifts that are just right for you.   Try something in your area of interest or something totally new.  Get out of your comfort zone, meet other League members, and have fun making an impact!

In this regard, many of you will be volunteering at PRRC with your Small Group.  Advisors have coordinated PRRC Small Group weekend shifts and that information has been entered into Digital Cheetah and can be viewed in two areas when you log onto www.jlsf.org

·         Log in / Welcome Page / Scroll towards the bottom of the page where My Schedule is listed on the lower right

·         Or, Log in / navigate to My Profile / Responsibilities / Upcoming Shifts towards the bottom of the page

If you were not able to commit to your Small Group PE Experience PRRC weekend, or to let your advisor know there was another weekend for which you were interested in volunteering, you now have the opportunity to sign up directly for open shifts on Digital Cheetah.

 As a reminder, six points are required for the PE Experience: two shifts of three points each.  One shift shall be done with PRRC and the second shift may be chosen from PE Experience AIDS Memorial Grove (October 20), PE Experience La Cocina Holiday event (December), PE Experience SFCAPC (holiday time), PE Experience Rafael House (spring), or PE Experience SMART (spring).  The remaining PE Experience signups will be released on Digital Cheetah as those dates approach and we have more details.

PE Experience PRRC Shifts: To sign up for a PE Experience PRRC Shift, long onto www.jlsf.org and click on the main League Calendar.  PE Experience PRRC Shifts are listed each Saturday and shifts that still have space indicate “Available”.  While there are still a few open spaces in 2013, the majority of available PRRC shifts may be found in 2014 (between Jan – May).   If you are already signed up for a PRRC shift with your Small Group, please do not register for a second PRRC shift.

Quick tip: If you are an iPhone user, download Digital Cheetah free from the app store.  This app provides direct access to our JLSF membership directory with contact info and addresses (very useful on the go – type in a League member’s name and you can call or email them instantly!) along with access to you scheduling and points info.

Finally, our Provisional Education calendar is a great resource and may be found on www.jlsf.org by navigating to Forums / Provisional / Calendar on the website.  Please save the date for our Provisional Holiday Party (Large Group Meeting #2) on December 4.  Location and details to come!

Warmly,

Michelle Branch                                               Sabrina Lowell & Mina Seong

PE Vice Chair &                                               Provisional Education Co-Chairs

Community Programs Liaison