JLine3 and java-console-toolkit

Archie Cobbs

Aug 12, 2023, 4:24:40 PM8/12/23
to jline-users
Hi folks,

I've been looking for a way to add command line interface (CLI) support to Java applications with the following features:
  • Basic command line editing, history, etc.
  • Accessible from the command line (system console)
  • Accessible remotely via SSH connection
  • Ability to run JShell, especially in "local" mode to access local objects
If you are also interested in this, please check out this new project: https://github.com/archiecobbs/java-console-toolkit

I'm looking for other folks interested in joining this effort.

Since I'm not an expert on Jline3, I'm especially looking for anyone who is and would be interested in helping test/debug this library and/or add new JLine3 cool features, or even just tell me if I'm using Jline3 correctly.

Thanks for any ideas or comments.

-Archie