Color schemes with respect to the console background

Jeff Crump

Sep 10, 2021, 8:40:39 AM9/10/21
to jline-users
New to JLine here, looking for some guidance on how to handle colorized text for prompts and output, with respect to the console background color.  Currently, I write to the console using a specific color, which doesn't always look good against the background color of the user's console.

I had the thought of defining a "scheme" (e.g, foreground, background, prompt, etc) in my application configuration and allowing the user to switch between them with a -D or Spring configuration property.  Is this reasonable, or is there a better way? Any suggestions?