OS X Built

Nick Scheithauer

Jul 28, 2012, 6:48:50 AM7/28/12
to jjmpeg-...@googlegroups.com
Is there a version of jjmpeg for mac?

Michael Zucchi

Jul 28, 2012, 10:16:20 PM7/28/12
to jjmpeg-...@googlegroups.com

On 28/07/12 20:18, Nick Scheithauer wrote:
> Is there a version of jjmpeg for mac?

I will not be providing one, but it shouldn't be difficult to compile
there as far as i know. The head version has some build support for it,
but i have no idea if it works (a patch was provided but i changed the
build system).

Nick Scheithauer

Jul 31, 2012, 8:27:26 AM7/31/12
to jjmpeg-...@googlegroups.com
I'm offering a free software that is using jjmpeg and everyone is complaining about that there is no mac version :/
Ok I'll try getting familiar with building mac libs :)

Giulio Bernardi

Jul 31, 2012, 8:30:48 AM7/31/12
to jjmpeg-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I provided patches for osx in the past but then I forgot to
answer to Michael's mail and for other reasons I didn't work on jjmpeg
anymore. I should be able to find the old patches and adapt them to
the current release this evening or tomorrow morning.

Michael Zucchi

Jul 31, 2012, 11:16:25 PM7/31/12
to jjmpeg-...@googlegroups.com

Ok thanks Guilio, just send the patches here if you get to it.

Was it for a native build or cross compilation?

Michael

Giulio Bernardi

Aug 1, 2012, 2:58:11 AM8/1/12
to jjmpeg-...@googlegroups.com
It was a cross compilation patch: it allowed to build libraries for windows and
darwin (both for i686 and x86_64) from linux. However it might work natively
from Mac too. These patches were meant for svn revision 54, and in a mail from
yours you told me you accepted part of the patch, so now I'm going to figure out
what changed in the meantime :)

Giulio Bernardi

Aug 1, 2012, 4:40:22 AM8/1/12
to jjmpeg-...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I checked the current source, and everything almost works. This is a small
patch that just fixes the shared object name and the path to the jni headers for
darwin-i686.

I was able to compile all the targets with a simple make (from x86-64 linux),
and this is the result:

file `find . -type f -executable | grep -v '\.pl$'`
./mswin-amd64/jjmpeg.dll: PE32+ executable (DLL) (console) x86-64, for MS
Windows
./linux-amd64/libjjmpeg.so: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1
(SYSV), dynamically linked, not stripped
./darwin-amd64/libjjmpeg.dylib: Mach-O 64-bit dynamically linked shared library
./mswin-i386/jjmpeg.dll: PE32 executable (DLL) (console) Intel 80386, for
MS Windows
./linux-i386/libjjmpeg.so: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386,
version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, not stripped
./darwin-i386/libjjmpeg.dylib: Mach-O dynamically linked shared library i386

I can not test now since I don't have access to a mac at the moment, but I think
that for native compilation on mac you should just set CROSS variable to the
empty string in darwin-i386/Makefile and darwin-amd64/Makefile.

If you want to crosscompile you need to set up a darwin cross compiler, but this
is a little bit a pain (you need to copy the osx SDK installation from a mac,
compile Apple's binutils and that doesn't work out of the box, then compile gcc...)

Giulio

Il 01/08/2012 05:16, Michael Zucchi ha scritto:

macpatch.diff

Giulio Bernardi

Aug 1, 2012, 5:09:27 AM8/1/12
to jjmpeg-...@googlegroups.com
Instructions on how to build the darwin toolchain on linux are here:

https://github.com/tatsh/xchain

Michael Zucchi

Aug 1, 2012, 5:20:40 AM8/1/12
to jjmpeg-...@googlegroups.com

Thanks, i've applied & committed it (this only applies to HEAD FWIW Nick).

I'm only cross compiling for microsoft too obviously, but a compiler for
that is trivial to install, and I need it for work (last time I used
anything apple was pre 1997, and that was only for work too).

Michael

Nick Scheithauer

Aug 3, 2012, 5:55:56 AM8/3/12
to jjmpeg-...@googlegroups.com
So it would be the easiest way using a mac for compiling?
Because I never set up a crosscompiler.

So thanks a lot for your help :)
and I hope that I'll get it working

Nick