Re: jjmpeg and android

Michael Zucchi

Mar 8, 2013, 11:53:10 PM3/8/13
to Mike Taylor, jjmpeg-...@googlegroups.com

It hooks into the video/* mime type - you need another application to select a file, and then open it there. e.g. 'es file explorer'.

It should then show up as one of the play options - although if you've already set some player as the 'default', it wont show up.

For remote streams you'll need something that browses them and uses the standard android 'external viewer' mechanism as above, but the streaming stuff is a bit hit and miss so you could be either lucky or not.

Currently it has no separate front-end for starting the player.

On 09/03/13 01:47, Mike Taylor wrote:
Hi

This looks really interesting, but I tried the supplied .apk on both a real device and the emulator and I can't seem to run the app? Are there any special requirements.

I would really like to view a h.264 video stream from a camera. I can't see the stream OK with ffplay, so I presume and android port would work?

Mike