Fwd: The KeepAble Cancer walk with YB maria Chin, 22nd JUne 2019

Margaret Lee

May 18, 2019, 4:53:38 AM5/18/19
to TTDI-...@yahoogroups.com, jiranttdi, ttdi-ds
Dear All

This is a great Programme.  Do sign up.

Kind regard,
/ml

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: LOH SIEW YIM <sy...@um.edu.my>
Date: Fri, May 17, 2019 at 14:15
Subject: The KeepAble Cancer walk with YB maria Chin, 22nd JUne 2019
To: Margaret Lee <margare...@gmail.com>, Ming Loy <margar...@ces.org.my>
CC: Farheen Hakim <farhee...@gmail.com>, umric staff <um...@um.edu.my>, ADMIN CORPORATE UM <corp...@um.edu.my>

ALL WELCOME

Date:       22nd JUNE 2019
Time         7-1
Venue:      KeepAble House
Add:         13, JLN 16/4 (near 9th college hostel)
Location:  At  JLN University before reaching KFC, turn into first left lane (jln 16/10), then take second left lane into 16/4
                or at JLN Abu Baker, before reaching jln university, take the last left turn into 9th college and go further up to no 13.
Project:    Community project to link in cancer survivors and public on cancer awareness and cancer prevention

Free: Colon screening kit for public 40 years and above and meet criteria

KIND REGARDS,
Assoc Prof Dr Loh Siew Yim
BSc. Applied Rehabilitation(UK), MSc Medical Education (UK), M Counselling (M), PhD (Aust)
Dept of Rehab./ Faculty Of Medicine /University Malaya /50630, Kuala Lumpur/ 03-79496678
BMJ Group _Getting evidence into Practice FINALIST 2011
IARC Cancer Epidemiology Fellow, 2011
NIH Cancer Prevention Fellow 2018

" PENAFIAN: E-mel ini dan apa-apa fail yang dikepilkan bersamanya ("Mesej") adalah ditujukan hanya untuk kegunaan penerima(-penerima) yang termaklum di atas dan mungkin mengandungi maklumat sulit. Anda dengan ini dimaklumkan bahawa mengambil apa jua tindakan bersandarkan kepada, membuat penilaian, mengulang hantar, menghebah, mengedar, mencetak, atau menyalin Mesej ini atau sebahagian daripadanya oleh sesiapa selain daripada penerima(-penerima) yang termaklum di atas adalah dilarang. Jika anda telah menerima Mesej ini kerana kesilapan, anda mesti menghapuskan Mesej ini dengan segera dan memaklumkan kepada penghantar Mesej ini menerusi balasan e-mel. Pendapat-pendapat, rumusan-rumusan, dan sebarang maklumat lain di dalam Mesej ini yang tidak berkait dengan urusan rasmi Universiti Malaya adalah difahami sebagai bukan dikeluar atau diperakui oleh mana-mana pihak yang disebut.

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it ("Message") is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential information. You are hereby notified that the taking of any action in reliance upon, or any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, printing or copying of this Message or any part thereof by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this Message in error, you should delete this Message immediately and advise the sender by return e-mail. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this Message that do not relate to the official business of University of Malaya shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by any of the forementioned. "
KeepAble WALK 4th 22nd JUNE 2019.jpg
keepable 2019 with NPC.jpg

Michael Chen

May 18, 2019, 9:06:23 PM5/18/19
to jira...@googlegroups.com
Forwarding something I got from a TTDI resident;

: Hannah's townhall was excellent. What I get from this is, our dear FT Minister is hiding things from us and ignoring many provisions (which he also doesn't mention) that can be used to give Malton and YWP the boot off TRK. Knowledge is power and Hannah's presentation doesn't leave much room for Khalid to defend his position. People have a right to know these things and not be misled.

Hannah shared pictures of a number of meetings she's had face to face with Khalid about this project since May 2018. We saw some interesting connections Malton has with YWP. The biggest eye opener was the alternatives, of which there were 3 or 4,  to Khalid's plan, which were reasonable. Some of these, we did not know about before, but our FT Minister did.

We also learned that there's no room for Malton to seek compensation outside of what has been paid to government agencies, taxes, misc. expenses as per the Federal Territory Planning Act of 1982. Malton's expenses, as reported in court documents, comes to RM 115M, of which 98% of these fees were paid to the government which can be refunded. There is no added RM150 M. And this law prevents Malton from seeking further compensation should DBKL revoke the DO. Now why doesn't Khalid seem to know this? And why doesn't he revoke the DO if we are essentially protected by this law from huge lawsuits?

I have a lot more, but I need better pictures of the slides. Mine are not so clear. Will share more later.

Also Khalid has agreed to meet with Hannah, Ambiga and Cynthia (who is from C4 and gave MACC their findings on conflict of interest.) He will meet them on Monday. Let's hope he will change his stance.
: 👆🏼 from TTDI resident friend who attended the town hall