Update From Finsup.com Capt. Tony - Request

fin...@mylist.net

Nov 2, 2008, 9:47:16 AM11/2/08
to jimmy_buffe...@googlegroups.com, TBPH mailing list
Helloooooooooooooooooooooo Tampa Bay Parrot Heads –

As many may already have heard, we all lost a good friend of the Parrot Head world yesterday, Capt. Tony.  I spoke to Capt. Tony’s wife Marty yesterday and she said that he passed gently away with the family by his side.  I was fortunate over the past 15 years to become very close to Capt. Tony and his family.    I was in Key West about a month ago and we were all going to go up to the gambling boat in Key Largo for the day on Sunday, but unfortunately Hurricane Fay was announced and we had to evacuate.  I did get to see him at his 92nd birthday party at Capt. Tony’s.  Although he appeared a little slower and a tad bit more forgetful, he still had that wonderful wit about him and at 92 was still signing titties – lots of titties!

When Marty and I spoke together yesterday, after we cried together a little, she said to me, “Look at it this way Capt’n Harry.  He gets to start all over again.  Watch out for the unknown and the beyond!”  TRUE TRUE TRUE!  And as my lady Heidi turned to me late last night and said, “I wonder how many titties he has already signed in heaven?”

Marty has asked me to speak at the funeral and I can’t tell you how honored I am.  Certainly part of what I will talk about will be Parrot Heads.  I would like to ask that if anyone has any photos or stories they have about Capt. Tony that they send them to me right away – capt...@aol.com  Please see if you have any digital pictures that relate to Capt. Tony – not the bar but him directly as he sold the bar a long time ago.  I plan to possibly use part or part(s) of some stories in my speech.  Secondly, I am going to put a Parrot Head and Capt. Tony tribute book together that has bits of the stories you send along with the photos.  I certainly want to encourage everyone to send all of your “digital” pics - especially those of kissing or signing or hugging or anything else that brings a smile. I am going to make enough copies for the family and perhaps if there are enough requests for copies I will make enough copies to sell them with 100% of the monies going to Marty and the family. Capt. Tony did not die a wealthy man.

As of yesterday the current plan was for a viewing on Friday from 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. and then a service on Saturday around 11:00 a.m. and a party for friends and family to follow around 1:00 p.m.  If you are still down in KW or plan to go, perhaps you would like to attend.

Please get the word out right away.  I know a lot of you won’t get this until you get back from MOTM.  Please try to get it back to me as soon as you can.

Thanks and Fins Up.

Capt’n Harry
Tampa Bay PHC

McCain or Obama? Stay up to date on the latest from the campaign trail with AOL News.