Update From Finsup.com MEETING AND MORE!!!!

1 view

fin...@mylist.net

Jun 3, 2008, 12:55:38 PM6/3/08
to jimmy_buffe...@googlegroups.com, TBPH mailing list

ALOOOOOOHA... TAMPA BAY PARROT HEADS!!!
Our next meeting is WEDNESDAYJune 4th.. it's WEDNESDAY...AT Kahuna's on Gandy Blvd !!!

READ ON FOR EVENTS COMING UP...including our 14th Birthday Party...

Parrot Head Street Party THIS Saturday
Saturday, June 7th is the Palm Harbor Parrot Head Street Party. This is always a GREAT time of dancing in the street to Buffett tunes, and we have made  a lot of new friends who become a part of our flock at this yearly event. The event runs from 2pm -10pm and Jason Webb and The Caribbean Chillers are again the headlining band.
We do need volunteers for this eventWe will have a TBPH tent set up and can use help in that.

Saturday, June 21: Raft Up at One Tree Island, Clearwater Harbor
Captain Dom is organizing our next raft up on the day of the Summer Solstice, official beginning of Summer and the longest day of the year to party! Location is One Tree Island. For navigation details, link to http://www.finsup.com/raftup08.html
. BYOB and a dish to share, sunscreen, beach umbrellas, etc. Cheeseburgers will be provided by the club.

*** Late breaking news***
One of the Dolphin Watch boats will be able to provide shuttle service.  More information will be given in an email coming to your mailbox soon that is dedicated strictly to the Island Party.  We'll try to get that info added to the website as well.

Saturday, July 12: Summer Beach Clean Up
The After Party will be at Café 13 on McMullen Booth Rd in Clearwater. You must attend the cleanup to get a wristband to enjoy the free post-cleanup Buffet. More details about the clean up itself will follow soon.

SATURDAY, JULY 26: BOWLING & KARAOKE
Save this date for an encore display of bowling skills, with awards for best bowlers, and worst bowlersfollowed by Krazy Karaoke at Dunedin Lanes. Cost is $6.00 per person.

AUGUST 2: WAZOO
Lowry Park Zoo's 13th annual WaZoo beer and wine tasting celebration is on Saturday August 2nd. It's ranked as one of the ten best beer and food festivals by USA Today.  There will be food from local restaurants, a wine garden, and of course lots of beer.The event itself is from 7:30 to 10:30 P.M.  Volunteers get to participate for free - but YOU HAVE TO WORK THE LATE NIGHT CLEAN UP AFTERWARDS SO THE ZOO IS READY FOR THE NEXT DAY. Expect to be there until about 12:30AM. Only 20 volunteers are needed, so if this event is FOR YOU, please sign up at the meetings... OR, please contact David, Chief Officer of Community Events, at dolp...@verizon.net  or call 727-734-8263 (h) or 727-543-6548 (c)  We must have everybody signed up by June 20th to report attendance to the Zoo.

Friday-Saturday, August 8-9: Tubing Trip Down the Ichnetucknee
The Ichnetucknee River is a little north of Gainesville, about a 2+ hour drive from Tampa Bay.  For this event, we will drive up Friday night and stay at the Saraha In (formerly theEconoLodge) where rooms are $39.99/night plus tax. Call (386) 755-9311 for reservations. Then, we get to the park for the 8am Saturday tubing run. The Tubing Trip is a Partnering event with the Sarasota Bay Parrot Head Club. The tube ride is followed by a cook out -- Parrot Head style -- at the hotel pool This is a not-to-be-missed outing. If you have never gone tubing down the Ichnetucknee, you will be amazed at how much fun the ride can be! And Sarasota PHolks know how to party!

Friday-Saturday, September 12-1414th Birthday Party!!
Ground Zero for the Tampa Bay Parrot Head Birthday Party once again is the Holiday Inn on Indian Rocks Beach. The property is now called Holiday Inn Clearwater South by the hotel chain, but we know it as the Harborside. GET YOUR ROOM RESERVATION SOON! THE HOTEL IS STARTING TO BOOK UP! Rates start at $89+tax/night for a standard room; a king or 2 queen kitchenette room is $99; one-story suites are $169 and $179, and the 2-story suites are $189. Call 727-595-9484. Ask for the Parrot Head rate.  You can book online at Holiday Inn but the web will NOT give the Parrot Head rates. More details about the birthday party coming soon...stay connected.

SEARCHING FOR MIKE & FLO...
Our Chief Officer of Membership, Rachel Keller, is looking for two members of the Tampa Bay Parrot Head Club -- Flo Riggie and Mike Warrah. Please email Rachel about your membership at gravityn...@aol.com

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
It takes a lot of oars in the water to keep this ship afloat and we have a lot of rowing spots where we need YOU!! The club is looking for a few Parrot Heads to work at  the Phins Store, the Raffle, and the Membership Table. If you can offer some time to help make the best club in the world even better, please see Biker Steve, our First Mate and Volunteer Coordinator .

REMEMBER...THE PARTY CONTINUES...
This WEDNESDAY
, WEDNESDAY, WEDNESDAY night...

FINNNNNNNS UP!
NanaBabe

Stay informed, get connected and more with AOL on your phone.