Update From Finsup.com A MEETING, A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT AND MORE!!

fin...@mylist.net

Jul 14, 2008, 7:35:38 PM7/14/08
to jimmy_buffe...@googlegroups.com, TBPH mailing list
ALOOOOOHHHAAAAAAA  TAMPA BAY PARROT HEADS!!!
Our NEXT MEETING meeting is WEDNESDAYJuly 16th...AT Kahuna's on Gandy Blvd !!!  Flip Flop Dave will be returning to entertain us, he LOVES playing for our meetings and we love having him!

Thanks for responding to the survey last week, it helps us to know what y'all want!

A BIG TEEEEEEEEAM DRINK to our 61 hearty volunteers who turned out this weekend for the Summer Beach clean up of Parrot Head Island! We made the world a little better by scooping up 3,500 POUNDS OF TRASH along the six-mile stretch we call Parrot Head Island!

Our NEXT Beach Clean-up will be August 30th with a GREAT NEW THEME -- a combo CLEANUP/RAFTUP and you don't need to have a boat, thanks to Chief Officer of Community Affairs Dave, and First Captain Dom of the Parrot Head Navy! Read below for more details....

SATURDAY, JULY 26: BOWLING & KARAOKE
If you are planning on going bowling with us on July 26, YOU MUST sign up at the next meeting or at tbphp...@verizon.net no later than July 23 as we have to turn in a head count.We will have sign up sheets on Wednesday at the meeting. For more info: http://www.finsup.com/calendars.htm

AUGUST 2: WAZOO
The Tampa Bay Parrot Head club has met our quota of volunteers who help clean up after the event.  But we sure could use a few back-up volunteers, who would be available in case of cancellations. Please contact David, Chief Officer of Community Events, at dolp...@verizon.net  or call 727-734-8263 (h) or 727-543-6548 (c)

Friday-Saturday, August 8-9: Tubing Trip Down the Ichnetucknee
The Tubing Trip is a Partnering event
with SIX OTHER PARROT HEAD CLUBS. We are going to have a cook out at the park for lunch then we are going to order pizzas at the pool in the evening.
For more info: http://www.finsup.com/calendars.htm

Saturday, August 30th -- Raft UP/CleanUP
First Captain Dom of the Parrot Head Navy, and Chief Officer of Community Events Dave are partnered to hold a Beach Clean-up/Raft-up at the Clearwater Sandbar. Yes, a combo event. Cleeeean the beaches, and party at a Raft-up, and you can drive your car there! The Clean-up will start at 10am, under the Sand Key Bridge. We’ll meet behind Shells Restaurant. After the cleanup, Shells has drink specials and food on the deck. Come and have a great time and help the environment too, Party with a Purpose!!!! See you at the Bar, sandbar that is!!! For details and GPS coordinates, link to: http://www.finsup.com/calendars.htm

Friday-Saturday, September 12-14: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US!!
Yes, the Tampa Bay Parrot Head Club is turning 14-years-old! AND, WE ARE READY TO PARTY LIKE A TEENAGER-- ALL WEEKEND! For hotel details and other information, link to http://www.finsup.com/calendars.htm

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!!  There will be a charge of $10 for members and $20 for non-members for the Birthday Party. Your entertainment line-up so far for the weekend will be Jim Morris on Friday night at Jimmy Guana's for you Trop Rock aficionados , Flip Flop Dave at the pool on Saturday afternoon, and for your dancing-in-the-heat-to-the-beat-of-Buffett-tunes pleasure on Saturday night, direct from Margaritaville Orlando ... The T.Scott Walker BandWrist bands will be required for all events on Saturday, which includes the pool party, the dinner buffet and the birthday party. They will be available for advance purchase and details of how we will be doing that will follow very shortly along with a few other special announcements. ALL PROCEEDS WILL GO TO OUR ENDOWMENT FUND AT THE USF COLLEGE OF MARINE SCIENCES!!

Have you registered for Meeting of the Minds yet??  Get yourself on over to http://www.phip.com and take care of that before they sell out! This year's theme is Bar Stools and Beach Chairs ... and we have the writer of the song that inspired that theme as the entertainment for our 5th Annual Tampa Bay Parrot Head Party at Schooner Wharf on Thursday night October 30  .... Jim Morris along with the Big Bamboo Band.  You all know how popular the parties are that JM&BBB play down there... imagine our history of party shenanigans combined with the energy the Big Bamboo Band creates!  We'll have that wharf rockin'!!  For those of you that have never experienced the phenomenon of the chicken, you can get a little taste here in September, which will just wet your appetite for the full-blown show in Key West.

ALL ABOUT THE TAMPA BAY PARROT HEAD CLUB:
The FULL July-August calendar (newsletter) is posted to FinsUp.com and hard copies will be available at the meeting WEDNESDAY.

ELECTIONS are coming and two positions are being vacated, but as always, all four are up for grabs.  Do you have spare time to give away? Have you thought about how YOU could contribute to this great club by being an officer? Get ready to throw YOUR hat into the ring!! Details on the nomination process will be coming your way very soon!

DO YOU HAVE ADVERTISING SKILLS?... SALES SKILLS?
The Fruitcakes Board is looking for new ways to generate funds for our club and the TBPH environmental causes. We are looking at whether to seek advertising on the finsup.com website and club publications... and would like to find one or more volunteers to look into this idea on behalf of the club. If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please get in touch with any member of the Fruitcakes Board, especially our volunteer co-ordinator, First Mate BikeR Steve.

THE SUMMER PARTY SEASON CONTINUES...
This WEDNESDAY, WEDNESDAY, WEDNESDAY night...

FINNNNNNNS UP!
NanaBabe

The Famous, the Infamous, the Lame - in your browser. Get the TMZ Toolbar Now!