Update From Finsup.com IT'S A MEETING WEEK!

fin...@mylist.net

Jun 17, 2008, 12:51:40 AM6/17/08
to jimmy_buffe...@googlegroups.com, TBPH mailing list
  HELLO... TAMPA BAY PARROT HEADS!!!
Our next meeting is WEDNESDAY, June 18th...AT Kahuna's on Gandy Blvd !!!

We would like to see y'all at the meeting, and also THIS SATURDAY JUNE 21 AT THE RAFT-UP!

A GREAT BIG FINNNSSSUUUUPPP to those of you who came out and volunteered at the Palm Harbor Parrot Head Street Party!  Once again The Caribbean Chillers rocked the night and Palm Harbor says it was the biggest turnout ever for this party
.

And ... we have a celebrity among us!  Our own Mikeeeeeeeeeeeee was chosen as BayNews9's everyday hero for his bicycle ministry! You can see it for yourself right here
http://www.baynews9.com/content/20/2008/6/16/356752.html

Way to go Mikeeeeeeeeeeeee, you are a shining example of what's RIGHT with Tampa Bay Parrot Heads!

Check out
all these great upcoming events

Saturday, June 21: Raft Up at One Tree Island
You can come to the Raft Up even if you don't have a boat. Parrot Head Navy First Captain Dom has made arrangements with the tour boat, Encounters with Dolphins, to conduct a shuttle back and forth to the island for a $22 pp round trip (You must mention the Parrot Head rate). You can take your cooler on the shuttle, as well as an umbrella, and a chair.  Encounters with Dolphins leaves the  main Clearwater marina dock on Causeway Blvd. at 11AM, 1PM, and 3PM. The shuttle picks up from One Tree Island every 2 hours until 6:45P.

For the sailors and mates out there taking their seaworthy craft to the Raft Up, you can get all the navigation details for One Tree Island by linking to http://www.finsup.com/raftup08.html. This Saturday's raft up takes place on the day of the Summer Solstice, official beginning of Summer, and the longest day of the year to party!

BYOB and a dish to share, sunscreen, beach umbrellas, etc. Cheeseburgers will be provided by the club.

Saturday, July 12: Summer Beach Clean Up
Once again we will be cleaning our portion of the Courtney Campbell Causeway lovingly dubbed "Parrot Head Island." There will be signup sheets at the meetings or contact David, Chief Officer of Community Events dolp...@verizon.net, or by phone at 727-543-6548 (c) or 727-734-8263 (h). This is also an opportunity to get credit for Community Service hours for school or your job or any other circumstance (Parrot Heads don’t ask questions). As always, we will meet in the parking lot of The Rusty Pelican on the south end of Rocky Point Dr, off the east end of the Courtney Campbell Causeway at 9:00 and hit the beaches about 9:30. Bring gloves and a hat and wear good (closed toe) shoes.

The After Party on July 12th will be at Café 13 on McMullen Booth Rd in Clearwater. You must attend the cleanup to get a wristband to enjoy the free post-cleanup Buffet.

SATURDAY, JULY 26: BOWLING & KARAOKE
Save this date for an encore display of bowling skills, with surprise awards followed by Krazy Karaoke at Dunedin Lanes. Cost is ONLY $6.00 per person.  We will have sign up sheets on Wednesday at the meetings. We all had such a great time in January if you missed it last time- here's your chance. Let's see if we can break the bar's record for sales this time! What better way to spend a hot July night than in a chilly bowling alley.

AUGUST 2: WAZOO
Lowry Park Zoo's 13th annual WaZoo beer and wine tasting celebration is on Saturday August 2nd. It's ranked as one of the ten best beer and food festivals by USA Today.  There will be food from local restaurants, a wine garden, and of course lots of beer.The event itself is from 7:30 to 10:30 P.M.  Volunteers get to participate for free - but YOU HAVE TO WORK THE LATE NIGHT CLEAN UP AFTERWARDS SO THE ZOO IS READY FOR THE NEXT DAY. Expect to be there until about 12:30AM. Only 20 volunteers are needed, so if this event is FOR YOU, please sign up at the meetings... OR, please contact David, Chief Officer of Community Events, at dolp...@verizon.net  or call 727-734-8263 (h) or 727-543-6548 (c)  We must have everybody signed up by June 20th to report attendance to the Zoo, so get in touch with David soonest if this is an event FOR YOU!

Friday-Saturday, August 8-9: Tubing Trip Down the Ichnetucknee
The Ichnetucknee River is a little north of Gainesville, about a 2+ hour drive from Tampa Bay.  For this event, we will drive up Friday night and stay at the Saraha In (formerly theEconoLodge) where rooms are $39.99/night plus tax. Call (386) 755-9311 for reservations. Then, we get to the park for the 8am Saturday tubing run. The Tubing Trip is a Partnering event with the Sarasota Bay Parrot Head Club. The tube ride is followed by a cook out -- Parrot Head style -- at the hotel pool This is a not-to-be-missed outing. If you have never gone tubing down the Ichnetucknee, you will be amazed at how much fun the ride can be! And Sarasota PHolks know how to party!  Details will follow soon and we'll try to have the cost of the tubing trip for you in the next email

Friday-Saturday, September 12-1414th Birthday Party!!
Ground Zero for the Tampa Bay Parrot Head Birthday Party once again is the Holiday Inn on Indian Rocks Beach. The property is now called Holiday Inn Clearwater South by the hotel chain, but we know it as the Harbourside. GET YOUR ROOM RESERVATION SOON! THE HOTEL IS STARTING TO BOOK UP! Rates start at $89+tax/night for a standard room; a king or 2 queen kitchenette room is $99; one-story suites are $169 and $179, and the 2-story suites are $189. Call 727-595-9484. Ask for the Parrot Head rate.  You can book online at Holiday Inn but the web will NOT give the Parrot Head rates.
Chief Officers of Special Events, Joanie and Val, are looking for people to be on the DECORATIONS COMMITTEE for the BIRTHDAY PARTY. If you would like to help, please see them at the meeting Wednesday or email TBPHP...@verizon.net. We need your great ideas!

MORE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
It takes a lot of oars in the water to keep this ship afloat and we have a lot of rowing spots where we need YOU!! The club is looking for a few Parrot Heads to work at  the Phins Store, the Raffle, and the Membership Table. If you can offer some time to help make the best club in the world even better, please see Biker Steve, our First Mate and Volunteer Coordinator .

REMEMBER...THE PARTY CONTINUES...
This WEDNESDAY
, WEDNESDAY, WEDNESDAY night...

FINNNNNNNS UP!

Get the Moviefone Toolbar. Showtimes, theaters, movie news, & more!